Sunday, April 12, 2009

When I was twelve, at summer camp (Part 19)...

12 Of the 12th
(April 2009 edition)

I've got a theme for this month's 12. See if you can figure it out.


10:30am
I woke up, my feet hit the floor, I took a photo (yeah it was at 10:30am, it was a Sunday,and I had a busy day yesterday, don't judge me).



10:38am
After waking up and the morning pee, I hit the computer, checking email, the blog, etc, etc.



12:14pm
After spending WAY too much time online, I jumped in the shower.



12:21pm
I wanted to know how cool it was so I knew what jacket to wear, so I went out onto the balcony and checked (and yeah, those ARE Christmas lights still strung there. I don't turn them on, I'm just too lazy to actually take them down. Now stop judging me!)



12:40pm
We were having the family Easter gathering at my aunt's. I had planned on going down with mom, but since it's only like two streets away, barely a ten minute walk, and it was beautiful sunny day, I just hoofed it. The white cord is my iPod playing Muse tunes to keep me in step.



1:06pm
My younger cousins were out in the backyard playing on the swingset. My youngest cousin, Javey, needed some pushing on the swing. I was only too happy to oblige.



1:50pm
After eating a lunch of hamburgers, hot dogs, and various side dishes (including the deviled eggs I made), some of us when out to hide the Easter eggs. They hid the ones for the two youngest (2 and 5 years old) seperate from the older ones (8, 10, 14, & 16). This one was in the younger kids area. And naturally, I found a purple egg to snap a photo with. Then the hunt commenced!



4:30pm
When we left the gettogether, I went to mom's house with her. Angel, was overjoyed to see me, as she always is.



4:46pm
My grandfather always loved Christmas and Easter. He insisted the whole family be together for those days, and we always were. Every Easter, he took pride in the painted egg he made for all 7 of us grandkids, and he was always active in the hiding of the plastic eggs that we had to hunt for. He loved watching us look for them. He died in 1998, and each year afterwards, on Easter, I've made hardboiled eggs, and painted one and took it to his grave, in memory of him. This year, I was so busy, I didn't get the chance to make the eggs. I had hoped to get hardboiled egg from mom, but she didn't have any. All she had was pickled eggs. I told her they would be better than nothing. And Pap I'm sure would see the humor in getting a pickled egg after getting hardboiled ones for the last 10 years. And it had the added bonus to me of being purplish! So I took it down, put it on his grave, and said a few words to him. I chuckled a bit, as I'm sure he was doing as well. I teared up a bit as well, as he might have been doing. Next year, I'll do better at getting the hardboiled one for him.



5:01pm
I had to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things included some Clariton pills, a belated birthday card, and some other items. I don't have to tell you what I was getting here, do I?



5:13pm
On my way home from Wal-Mart, I got stopped at a stip-light, and grew bored. So I snapped a photo.



6:38pm
I was home from mom's and my buddy Corey called me. While I was laying on the couch, relaxing, I snapped this shot.

To see other people's 12 Of The 12th click HERE.

PS, if you had trouble, the theme was "What My Feet Saw On April 12, 2009"!

POLT Listening to "Channel Z" by The B-52's

I want to live in the fast lane, but I'm married to a speed bump.

5 comments:

Sunny Archibald said...

What fun - a whole 12 of 12 featuring feet! Your grandpa's egg story is wonderful. I imagine he did have a good chuckle at the pickled egg.

Pete Cullen said...

Aww the egg for your Grandad is really sweet, I'm sure he would see the funny side :)

JCB said...

who would have thought photos of feet could be so interesting!

Chris said...

OK, that's fun!

(OK, did you really need what you were buying there, or are you just posing? Nosy minds want to know ... )

Scooter said...

Looks like your Easter was quite a feat!