Thursday, October 23, 2014

Took over your town, kings get the crown...

Timeline:

Aug 30: Make dentist appointment for Sep 29 to get a crown on tooth that's mostly just filling.
Sep 6: Filling pops out of that specific tooth.
Sep 7: Dentist puts in a temp filling in tooth, basically just a lump of wax
Sep 10: Temp wax filling pops out.  Dont put anything in to fill hole, but move appointment for temp crown up to Sep 17
Sep 17: Get temp crown.  Keep appointment of Sep 29 for placement of final crown
Sep 29: Go to dentist's office, told the crown hasn't arrived yet.  Told receptionist to call me when it's in, and we'll set up appointment to put it on then.
Oct 17: Gave up on waiting, called dentist's office. "Oh it just arrived yesterday."  Ohhhh-kay. Appointment made for Oct 23 to get permanent crown on.
Oct 23: Taking half day off work (I've no problem with that I assure you!), got the permanent crown put on.  



YAY!  The ordeal is over.  Well it's not really been an ordeal, more of an inconvenience.   But I'm really tired of chewing food on just the left side of my head.

The dentist did it all without Novocaine.  And you're thinking I shouldn't need Novocaine to just put a crown on.  But if that's the case, then you don't know me.  I'm a huge wussbaby when it comes to teeth pain.  And yanking the temp off was a bit...disconcerting.  And then he cleaned it out before putting the crown on and musta hit a nerve cause there was a sharp quick pain.  But that was it. And he did all that an had the crown on before I could even protest about the lack of Novocaine.

The worst part was the taste of the...well I guess glue, the adhesive he used to put the crown on.  Yeah, that was pretty icky, and he apologized for it when I complained about it.  Not like it's his fault or anything.

So yeah, that's all taken care of.  And I still love my dentist!

POLT

No comments: