Friday, November 28, 2014

Clue number one was when you knocked on my door....

Last week, or the week before, I took one of those online quiz things to see which character from Clue I was.  Turns out I was Mister Boddy.  Nice, I'm the dead guy.

And then I thought, "Hmmm, what if the Clue murder took place here at Polt's Palace?"

So, today I give you...

Clue: The Polt's Palace edition!

First, a little background.  The edition I grew up with playing was the 1972 version.  It had this game board:

And this batch of weapons:

And these were the photos of the suspects!

And yes, it all DOES look very 70's, unfortunately.  Prior and previous editions, I've found, were much more fun in the design of the rooms and in the choice of actors to play the characters.    But I just wanted you all to know where I'm coming from, what I'm basing the Polt's Palace edition on.  


So, since I'm going to be murdered here at Polt's Palace, we have to have some rooms for my murder to potentially take place in.  Let's see what we have here....

The Living Room!

The Dining(/Exercise) Room!

The Kitchen!

The Master Bedroom!

The Comic Book Room!
But, no.  No murders are taking place there where blood can splatter on books and action figures and whatnots.  Nope, we'll just skip this room.

The Spare Bedroom! (aka, the Dallas Cowboys Room!)

The Upstairs Hallways!

The Attic Storage Space!

The Basement!

The Vestibule! 
But no, not here either.  The vestibule is really just part of the Living Room,  And again, I'm not gonna rick getting blood on any of those books on the shelves!

So....we still need a 9th room, so what should we use?  Oh, how about....
The Front Porch!


Okay then, that gives us our places.  So let's take a look at the weapons we have here.  

In the main game they have a Candlestick.  I dont have Candlesticks here, but I do have one of those long neck light thingees!

I think that candlestick was meant to bash someone over the head.  This thing though could possibly stab someone. Or, if someone's particularly flammable, set them on fire.  So there's that.

Another weapon was the Dagger.  I don't have any daggers, but I got some pretty big kitchen knives!

There was also the Lead Pipe to beat someone over the head with.  Well I don't have any Lead Pipes, most of my plumbing is PVC piping.  And I don't have any of that just laying around either.  But, thanks to Craiggers, I DO happen to have a nice big paddle, Polt's Bounty!

And smacking it upside someone's head could indeed kill them I think.

The game has a Revolver.  But as I'm really not enthusiastic about guns, well real guns anyway, I dont have any guns.  But I DO have this pretty nifty rubber dart shooting toy gun!

I dont think a rubber dart could kill anyone...unless you sharpened it into a point first.  But I guess the gun, could kill someone if you hit them over the head with it hard enough.

There was also a Rope to choke someone with.  I dont have any rope laying around.  But, because of my cleaning 'skills' I DO have tons of dust bunnies laying around.  

And they could, if shoved down someone's throat, choke them!

And finally, in the game, there was the Wrench.  Now I know, somewhere around this house, I have a Wrench, although I don't know where is it.  But I DO know where a screwdriver is!

And it's not gonna be enough to beat someone over the head like a Wrench, but it'd be great at stabbing someone!

And so, having gotten our places and our weapons, we need Suspects.  Going back to the pictures of the Suspects above, I got to thinking about each of them, and the Puntabugang and who should be each characters.  (and mucho thanks go right now to Michelle M. and her amazing photoshop abilities AND imagination!)

Miss Scarlet always struck me as this mysterious Asian beauty.  She basically was a seething sexpot overflowing with seductive scrumptious sexiness.  And so, who amongst the Puntabugang could fill those high heeled shoes?  Well it's obvious, isn't it?

Meet Craiggers Scarlet.

Colonel Mustard....hmmm, he was a military guy, and I'm not sure any of the Puntabugang were ever in the military.  But mustard is also yellow, and after he gets his hair-dids, VUBOQ has yellow hair!  Plus, VUBOQ has run in numerous Army/Navy/Air Force/ROTC/Salvation Army/whatever marathons!  And that's close enough to a military man for me.

Here is VUBOQ Mustard.

Mrs. White...lets see she was a maid, right?  I dont think any of the Puntbugang were ever domestic servants.  But, Tam DOES have white hair.  And that's close enough!

Welcome Tam White!

Mr. Green....take a look at his photo above from the '72 game.  I know in the original game, Green was a Reverend.  But in this version, he always looked like a mobster to me.  I dont think any of the Puntabugang are involved in organized crime.  But there's a LOT of that kinda stuff in New Jersey (or at least that's what The Sopranos taught me), and Adam lives in New Jersey, and that's close enough.
Here is Adam Green!

(Michelle M. made him look like a leprechaun, so I suppose he's part of the Irish mob...maybe named Adam O'Green?)

Speaking of Michelle M.....in the game, I believe Mrs. Peacock was supposed to be the wife of a Senator, and somewhat matronly.  None of the Puntabugang meets that criteria (although I suppose Justin, at his age, could be considered matronly....but I digress....).  But Peacocks are birds and Michelle M. has a flock of budgies, and that's close enough for me!

This is Michelle M. Peacock!

And that left Professor Plum.  Now, because of obvious reasons, *I* am the most likely to play this part.  However, we've already established that I'm the dead Mr. Boddy.  So we have to find someone else.  And to my knowledge, no one in the Puntabugang is a professor.  BUT, john eliot works for a institute of higher learning, I think, and that's close enough for me.

So here is john Plum!

And there we go!  We have the rooms, the weapons and the suspects!  Was it Tam White with the Dustbunnies in the Upstairs Hallway?  Or was it Craiggers Scarlet with the Paddle in the Master Bedroom (or was that only in my dreams)?  Or Adam O'Green in the Basement with the screwdriver?

Pull up a chair, lets deal the cards and find out!

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I have a maid, that must count.

And it wasn't me. But I can guess who it was.

vuboq said...

I think blogger may have eaten my comment that I tried to send on my phone ... grrr. ANYWAY, I think it was Craiggers Scarlet in the Master Bedroom. With the paddle. Duh ;-)

Also, I look very dashing in yellow!