Sunday, December 21, 2014

SO...

This weekend, ALCMDPP, Ghostie and I went on a lil vaca.  We drove to Roanoke Virginia, visiting the ParisPeling parents, shopped at a local shopping mall, and then went to the ParisPeking condo-on-the-lake.  (Goodle maps says the distance from my house to the condo-on-the-lake is 277 miles, travel time of 4 hours, 23 minutes).  We did this on Saturday and then spent the night at the condo-on-the-lake, and then returned home today.

I'll not go over everything chronologically, but this is some stuff that happened: I bought way too much stuff at Barnes & Noble; ALCMDPP cooked us all pasta for supper; I slept in a twin bed; thanks to Ghostie's suggestion and an XBOX, we got to watch the Skins beat the Eagles in football (which allowed Dallas to win the division today and go to the playoffs); listened to the Patriots/Jets game on the ride home; discovered the ParisPeking parents' dog, Molly, is a tummy rub whore (but then, who isn't really?); I got up five times during the evening to use the bathroom, thanks to several glasses of Diet Coke, a Ginger Ale, and beer; ALCMDPP and I got almost matching, brand new Dallas Cowboys caps (they were buy one, get one 50% off); I got a pair of Superman basketball shorts; on the way home, we got stuck in a traffic jam for about 40 minutes or so; there was too much Melissa Etheridge being played (although thankfully not as much as their could have been) and sadly, no Madonna was played at all; ALCMDPP wussed out and went to bed before 8:30; I wussed out and went to bed before the San Deigo/San Francisco game, so I missed the 49ers implosion and loss in overtime; brought the ParisPeking parents' gifts back, and having almost overcrowded Ghostie out of the back seat; the condo was great, the view from the balcony was amazing; the whole overall trip was just an incredible, albeit short, time!

I didn't take my gloucose testing supplies along (although I DID take the insulin pen to get my shot last night), and that's a DAMN good thing.  Here's what I ate while on the trip:

Saturday Breakfast: Sausage egg biscuit, hash browns and regular Coke from McDonalds.
Saturday lunch: chicken Caesar salad, half ham sandwich, chips, regular Coke and cherry turnover from Panera Bread
Saturday supper: Two plates of pasta and meatballs and garlic bread
Saturday snacks: nacho chips and salsa (multiple times) and beer
Sunday breakfast: bagel and cream cheese and coffee
Sunday lunch: two cheeseburgers, fries and regular Coke from McDonalds

And then when I got home tonight, I had some chicken wings from Rutters.

I tested my blood sugar before eating the wings (for the first time since yesterday morning) and it was 191.  High, but not too bad for all the crap I ate over the weekend.

But really, fun times, good food that's bad for me, great friends.....what more can you ask for over a weekend?

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Sounds like a great weekend - but Jesus Polt. I'm going to have to fly out there and slap you around!