Friday, March 27, 2015

Gift wrapped, this town, this chance...

SO....

I get home from work today and checked for the mail, like I always do.  I had nothing that came through the mail slot, but I saw a package outside on the porch.  I didn't remember ordered anything, but, eh, who knows?  I order stuff all the time.  I just got it and brought it in.

The package:

And inside it was this:


Anxiously, I unwrapped and opened the box.  And started laughing.  There was no card attached, but the paper it was packed with was the "Kuwait Times" and the stuff inside was written in Arabic in places, so I figured it came from Tam!  

And what WAS inside?  ALL THIS:

My GOD, what a haul!  I laughed and laughed.  If you can see in the upper left corner, a small bottle containing Strawberry Juice.  And that's when I remembered we had chatted about this and how I told her to send me some.  And when she said she would, I laughed it off.  But I shouldn't have, obviously.  And over on the right, in the middle...that's a little Superman!  He's an angry faced Superman, without a cape, but I guess that's what you get for Superman in the Middle East! 

Not sure how much of all that I could or should eat, what with my diabeeeeetus and all.  But I think I've got something planned for it all....more on that later.

For now, Thanks Tam!  You ROCK! 

POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

Glad it arrived safely and hope any heat exposure didn't cause botulism in any of it. I'd feel bad if you get food poisoning. :-) Enjoy.