Tuesday, March 31, 2015

So this pain medication, it's....disorientating.  I took one of them, and the penicillin, last night about 10ish.  about 4am, I woke up with extreme pain again.  I had forgotten to bring the bottle of pills upstairs, so I just went to the bathroom and took 4 Advil.  I remember doing all this VERY clearly.

Then, about 8am, I woke up to the pain again, but this time I came downstairs, took a pain pill and the penicillin and then went back to bed.  Or at least I THOUGHT I'd done this.  because when I finally got up and out of bed about 1045, I wasn't sure if I had actually done that, or just thought I had.  Or dreamed it.  I vividly remember thinking to myself that I'm now on the 8-12-4 schedule and that should be easy to remember since that's the shifts at work.  But then, I didn't actually remember physically getting up and coming downstairs. I honestly had no idea if I really did it or not.

Mom called a bit after that to see how i was doing, and she suggested I count the pain pills, that way I'd be sure how many I had taken. And I did so and found out I must have come down and taken the pills, although honest to God, I still now, as I type this, have no memory of either going up or down the stairs OR of being downstairs.

And all day so far, I've just been feeling.....disconnected.  For myself.  Which isn't the best way to describe the way I feel, but I dont really know what other words fits that description.  Weird.

Also, today, mom went to the dentist for her appointment.  She's having all her upper teeth pulled and given a denture.  It's not what she really wanted, but her teeth have always been trouble for her, and she already had a plate and a bridge and who knows what else up there, so now, she's just got an upper denture.  She stopped by my house less than an hour ago, right after she got finished.  She wanted to know what they looked like, which honestly, is a silly thing to ask me, as I'm not sure I'm in best of minds to give an answer.  But the teeth looked okay to me.  She wasn't smiling right, like she normally does, but then she had 8 shots of novocaine and her upper lip was still totally numb, so that explains that.

All day so far (it's only like 330) I've sat on the couch and wandered around online.  I watched several successive episodes of American Dad, but I dont recall how many. I tried to read, but I couldn't focus.  I mean, I COULD read the words, but I was having issues concentrating in what they were saying, what the book tells me. If that makes sense.  I dont plan on doing much more today at all.

POLT

No comments: