Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 145)...

Chapter 5, Page 25....

Monday morning, I woke up about 7:45am.  And as I prepared for my shower, I remembered there was still a load of colors in the dryer and a load of whites in the washer.  Since 6PM the night before.  *SIGH*  I showered, dressed and got the colors out of the dryer and put the whites in the dryer.  I took the colors upstairs and put the colors away.  Then I got the paper from the front porch and went to Rutters for coffee and a doughnut.  And then off to moms.

I are the doughnut and drank some of the coffee before my cousin got there.  She arrived with her mother and adorable little Morgan.  We walked to Main Street and awaited the parade.  The parade was like an hour long and filled with....tractors, and emergency vehicles, and old cars, and other exciting vehicles.

After the parade we went back to moms and hung out there a bit before going out to my uncle's house.  There we were having a cookout: mom, me, my uncle, his wife, her parents, my uncle's two daughters and their sons.  And the food was amazing.  We hung out there and talked and stuff until like 3:00 or so.  And by then, it was growing hotter and more humid, and the breeze was dying away, and it was becoming a bit miserable outside.  SO mom and I left.  She dropped me off here at home, and I started watching the 3rd Season of Babylon 5.    I also, about 6PM, remembered the whites in the dryer, so I got them out.

A bit later, I updated my checkbook, paid a few bills and prepared some cards to mail.  And then decided to just go mail them, and then fill the car with gas at Rutters when I got back.  And so that's what I did.

I finished off the episode I was watching and them went to bed.

And here's some pics:

Morgan at the parade

The local town band

The local high school band


The little kid in front of us didn't like a lot of the noise

Morgan held by his mother

Two of the younger members of the Lindy Hop group

One of the youngest members of this biker gang

Two pretty hot rednecks on a tractor

THIS is the parade: fire trucks, emergency vehicles, antique cars, etc

Waiting for the family cookout to begin




Morgan, his mom and me.

POLT

No comments: