Thursday, May 28, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 147)...

Chapter 5, Page 27...

Wednesday, oh Wednesday, what a hectic freakin' day you were!

I had to get bloodwork taken frist thing in the morning, so I had to get up and get ready a bit early.  I also had to skip my Rutters coffee, which was almost the greater sin of the two.  But off I went to the medical center to get it done.  Had no problems with that, although there was a slight delay.  Luckily, the nurse doing it knew what she was doing and it didn't hurt.

Usually, after getting bloodwork, since I have to be fasting from like 7PM the night before, I go to Denny's (which is nearby the medical center) and have breakfast.  Unfortuantely, this time, I had so much shit going on at work, I couldn't spare the time.  So I just headed on out to work.

When I got to work, I had to started getting things ready to a monthly meeting taking place that afternoon. I got a good portion of it done, and then had to do something else, dealing with clients and filling work positions.  Out of the six potential people I had, only three would do it.  So 50% isn't bad, but I wasted time doing the paperwork on the other three.  *SIGH*  So it goes.

And then, in the early afternoon, was the meeting.  Made it through that without problem.  When that meeting ended, our immediate supervisor had a meeting with the three of us in my department.  He wasn't a process we use changed a bit, but, unlike the previous people in charge, the people in charge now know how to manage people.  He told us what he wanted in general, the final goal, but just told us to come up with the procedure.  (the prior administration would have TOLD us what he wanted, without consulting us, which usually was not the best or easiest way, and we could have thought of better ways, but he never would have asked)

After that the three of us spend roughly 15 minutes together, went over some things, and came up with a solution.  Which I presented to our supervisor.  And everything was hunky dory.  I finished up some paperwork from the meeting and then it was time to go home.

Oh GOD, it's been so freakin' hot this week.  Around 90 and thick humidity.  When I got home, I turned on the a/c and kept it on until I went to bed.  And then I turned on the one in the bedroom and slept with it on.  But before all that, I spent the evening watching an entire DVD (4 episodes) of Babylon 5.  And then to bed to read and to sleep.

POLT

No comments: