Saturday, July 04, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 185)...

Chapter 7, Page 3...

Friday, I got to work a little bit early, mainly because most people had off for the holiday and there was light traffic.  Work was okay, not too bad.  Got important stuff done early, was needing paperwork from someone else to do something, and I didn't think it would get to me that day, I was expecting to take care of it next week.  But then, after lunch, they brought it to me, so I managed to get that done too.  The last two hours of the day, though, were just talking to a lot of coworkers, trying to stay awake.  Nothing was pressing, and it was the last bit of time before a three day weekend, so eh, whatever.

For lunch they had BLTs.  I don't like BLT's, but I LOVE bacon (I mean, who doesn't?).  So I took the bacon they gave us, pulled some of it apart and ate it on a salad and the other pieces, I just ate.  Then in the afternoon, I went back to the kitchen, and they gave me some more bacon, which I devoured.

On the way home, though, my stomach started to get a bit rumbley.  I took some Pepto when I got here, and drank some Diet Ginger Ale, and that seemed to help a bit.  Then I went, as planned, to mom's for supper.  She was having hog maw....probably not the best thing to eat on an unsure stomach.  But I did anyway.

In better news, she told me the amount the people offered for her house.  It's low, of course.  That's the way bargaining works.  Mom's realtor is going to work some number up and then talk to her early next week about a counter offer.  Mom's not sure if the couple can actually afford what she wants for it, they are a younger couple.  But we'll see how it all pans out.

After eating, I came home and hung out here, watching some TV, putzing around online, the normal stuff.  Then I went to bed, and read before going to sleep.

POLT

No comments: