Saturday, August 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 240 & 241)...

Chapter 8, Page 27...

Thursday, got to work without a problem.  Work, also, was not a problem.  There was stuff I had to accomplish, and did so.

After work, the plan was for me to meet mom at the house and, I assumed, we were going to make a walk through making sure everything that she wanted to go was gone, and everything she wanted to leave, was left.  Unfortunately, she had come in during the day and done the walk through, her plan that night was just for us to get all the trash picked up and put out and take a few remaining things to my basement or to her cottage.

So this misunderstanding led to me opening cupboard and closet doors, and calling out things that were still there and asking if she wanted it, and she, giving a short, frustrated answer, because she had already DONE that and just wanted me to help her pick up the trash, empty boxes, etc, etc.

It wasn't until we were almost done that we figured out we had different objectives.  And then did we laugh!  And after that, things worked better.  Her brother came over and got a few things mom had left over for them.  We got my stuff down to my basement, then we went to her cottage and got that stuff unloaded.  Wanting something to eat, we came back into town and dined at Waynesburger.  Then we went back to the house to pick up a few more things, she brought me home, and then she went to the cottage.

When I got home, I just did the normal shit: read, on the computer, continued watching the Donna Noble season of Doctor Who, then went to bed to read and to sleep.

Chapter 8, page 28...

Friday morning I got up a bit early because I had a meeting first thing.  I had to go to the Board of Education for a meeting with some of the people there.  We have to do this every year, it's a state requirement.  It didn't take long at all, and I was at work before 9:00am.

The rest of work went uneventfully.  In fact it was THE longest day in a LONG while.  It just drug on and on and ON!  Finally, it was over, thank God.  I came, changed my clothes, and went out to mom's cottage.  We walked up to Minnick Manor.  It's on the Quincy Village campus, it has a meeting room, and exercise room and a dining room.  The village gives all it's occupants $50 a month credit to use in the dining room, and she and I were eating there.  To sample to food but also to use up the remainder of her $50, so it didn't go to waste.

After eating a delicious meal (she: Alaskan sole, me; spaghetti & meatballs), we walked back to her cottage and we talked for a little bit.  I then returned home, and, as always, did the usual.  And then I went to bed, read some, finished up the book i was reading, and went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: