Thursday, October 08, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 281)...

Chapter 10, Page 8...

So, Wednesday....yeah, Wednesday...what a day.

Forgot to set my alarm, so I got up late and got to work late, about 830.  The whole day, i just was not feeling it.  I was barely even there. I couldn't focus, I was yawning all day, I couldn't concentrate on anything.  I did get some paperwork completed, but damn, it was a wasted day.  And I didn't enjoy the time spent wasting it.

About 12;45, I decided maybe I needed some air.  So I went outside and walked down to the dead end at the end of the road, and then returned back.  It took me a little under 10 minutes, and was about 8/10ths of a mile (I had my app on my phone running).  The walk did not help.  I was still out of it in the afternoon just like in the morning.

After work, I came home, hung out here just a bit and then went to the dentists.  Last week or so, the abscess had been draining ALL THE TIME.  I could taste it nearly all day, and it tasted disgusting.  Well in the last three days or so, it had been draining much much less.  I told him all this.  he looked in my mouth and had his little mirror and one of the picks.

He said he wanted to show it to me, so he held up a big mirror and asked if I could see it.  I could see a hole in my tooth and what looked like some blood.  He said it IS blood and that's good.  he said if he picks that and pus comes out, that's not good.  But if blood comes out, that means my body's fighting the infection away.  He said we'll leave the hole there for it to continue to drain, and he'll see me in ten days.

When I got the appointment though, it was for October 30...that's 23 days, more than three weeks!  And another entire month.  But eh, whatever.  I'm not happy to have this hole in my tooth for another month, and I'm REALLY not happy to be having to deal with this abscess for what's going to be 10 weeks....BUT, it appears I'm getting near the end of the infection, and there's no pain, and very little discomfort.  Not even much of the disgusting taste anymore.  So I'm okay with waiting.  I guess.  Not like I have a choice anyway, do I?

I came home, hung out here a bit and then decided I'd go get Waynesburger.  So I walked up there, got a burger, fries AND the chili, brought them home and ate them.  On the way home, I noticed a spiderweb one the neighbor's front stairs, between their railings, and there was a spider hanging in it the size of my thumbnail.  Frightening.  So I knocked on the neighbor's door and told them.  And together, with a little pole, we went out front and he knocked the spider to the sidewalk and killed it with the pole.  He said it was so big he didn't want to step on it!  And I understood, it was big.  And icky.

After all that excitement, I came back inside, was on the comptuer and watched some TV, then went to bed to read and then to sleep.

POLT

No comments: