Friday, November 27, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 330)...

Chapter 11, Page 25...

Welcome to my 48th Birthday!  Today, I got to work on time, but that was only because I had stuff to do. Was having a weekly meeting at noon and there was still info and paperwork I needed to gather together for the meeting.  But that all went well and easy. And the meeting itself went quite well as well.

Several people wished me a happy birthday throughout the day, even a few clients did so after they overheard someone else saying it.  And at the meeting, the big boss slid a card across the table to me.  He gets cards for all the employees birthdays, but usually he mails them.  He said this time he forgot to, so he just gave it to me in person.  Is it a big deal?  No not really, but it IS quite a morale boost, just to know he takes the time to do this.  Especially considering the previous idiot we had for a big boss.

Anyway, after work, I stopped by Hallmark to get some cards i needed, and then came home before heading out to moms.  Two of my cousins, one who lives in Hershey PA and one who lives outside Baltimore, were home for the holiday and mom was hosting them at her cottage, making slippery beef pot pie for supper.  I went for the food, the conversation, the fun, and to see lil Morgan, who's now like 14 months old, just learning to walk and terribly fun and funny.  I was out there until about 7:00-ish.

I came home and parked myself.on the couch, where I putzed around online while watching more of Jessica Jones.  And after catching several episodes of that, I turned everything off and went to bed, read some and then to sleep.

POLT

No comments: