Monday, May 23, 2016

Today has been a blah day.

I had nothing planned, and that's okay.  I had my breakfast of donut and coffee from Rutters, I read the paper, putzed around online, and read some.  Then I showered and took a walk around town to the Post Office to mail some things.  


Upon return I made some linguine and meatballs and then read some more.  All in all you'd think it a good day. And it was.

But then the sky grew dark and it thundered and rained again.  And afterwards, it's been damp and cold again.  And I'm reading the book about 1944 and the author spent the better part of a whole chapter discussing the concentration camps.  Both the weather and the book were a bit depressing.

And then I got news that someone I knew had killed himself.  He was in early 20s.  He had left a note.  And it saddened me.  He wasn't a friend, not even really an acquaintance, I knew him through work.  But he seemed to me to be a decent kid, at least, he was decent when he dealt with me.  I just spoke to him back in March, about his plans for the future.  I have heard he suffered from depression, which makes the suicide, if not acceptable, at least somewhat understandable. But still, it's such a shame when such a young life is snuffed out.

So all of this together made the afternoon and evening rather....blah.

But tomorrow is another day.  Well, for some of us.

RIP JD.

POLT

No comments: