Sunday, July 24, 2016

So...

Went to see Star Trek: Beyond tonight.  It was okay.  It wasn't great, but I was entertained throughout the movie, even chuckling a couple of times.  It did seem overblown, and there was too much camera movement and some of it was a little too much Hollywood formula.  But it was nice to see Uhura kick a little ass.

Anyway, then I got home I tested my blood sugar (as I'm supposed to do every night, but don't).  It was 346, pretty big number, but not the highest it had ever been.  But I knew WHY it was that high.

For lunch, mom and I went to Red Lobster.  I had regular soda (three of them in fact), and the other food including fries.  Oh and three biscuits.  And for desert I saw this thing they called the Berry shore-cake.


Looks good, right?  And see the shortcake in relation to the spoon?  not THAT big, eh?  Oh NO!  When she brought it, the shore cake was the size of a normal sized pancake!  Both the top AND the bottom!  I mean, the thing was HUGE!  Crazy huge.  It was more of a desert for a pair or a group.  But it WAS delicious!  And I ate it all (well except for the couple bites mom had).  But I'm certain that after eating it, my blood sugar doubled.

All afternoon I just laid around the house, it was too hot and humid to go outside.  But then I left and went to the theater where I was seeing Star Trek (see above) with some guys I work with.  And while there I had a large (regular) soda and a large popcorn.  Naturally.

So the fact that my blood sugar is pretty high, I'm actually glad it's not higher.

POLT




No comments: