Monday, May 29, 2017

So Memorial Day, 2017.

Unlike nearly every year, I did not go to the parade.  When I woke up, it was wet outside, I thought it might rain again and it might be canceled.  I was still tired, having been up late last night.  And it was pretty darn comfy in bed.  So I just stayed there, read a bit, was on my phone a bit and even slept some more.

When I finally got up and showered, afterwards, I got my coffee from Rutters and then went out to mom's.  She was having a cookout.  My two cousins, each of their sons, my mom's brother, his wife and his wife's parents, were all coming out.  

We had burgers, dogs, a veggie tray, chips, cheese, pretzels, baked beans, and for dessert, watermelon and a delicious strawberry dessert.  After eating some of everything I knew I'd need to take a walk, so I took my cousin and her son (in a stroller) along (see a post several posts below).  


Following the walk, I had to leave to make it to the ParisPeking household.  Friday, Ghostie graduated from law school!  So Mr. and Mrs. ParisPeking and I all went together and bought him a really nice, professional, monogrammed briefcase.  And this afternoon is when we gave it to him.  And we hung out and talked for a bit.

When I left there, I came back to town and got the groceries I needed for the week (mainly for lunch at work: chicken salad and for the fruit salad, strawberries, blackberries, grapes and clementine oranges).  I brought them home, put them away, then took a shower.  I hung out here, on the computer, watching some TV, reading a bit, having supper.  


As of right now (730pm) there's a possibility Derick might stop by in a bit for a visit.  But it may be more likely that I'll just go to bed a bit early, like 9-ish, cause I am still tired and I have to work tomorrow.

So anyway, I've got a few pics:

Mom's road, lined with little flag along the road, if you can see them there.

Mom's flower garden.  She planted them all herself and maintains them all herself.

My cousin Morgan 'flying' in mom's garage.  He's a plane, see his wings?

Mom found the bowling toy set, Morgan enjoyed playing with it, the pins and the 'bowling ballies'! 

Morgan LOVES watermelon....ate nearly a whole bowl of it just himself.

POLT

No comments: