Monday, May 22, 2017

So today, at the conclusion of my regular physical therapy, Devon, my physical therapist, did her monthly assessment.  She said, even though the weights I've been using have been increasing and my movement numbers are better, I still haven't really changed in the last month.  And I agreed. I haven't gotten any worse, but I haven't gotten any better.

She said, she's going to put me on hold/discharge me from the program today.  She said if I continued to visit, I wouldn't really improve any further because of the plateau I've reached, and it would basically be just a waste my money and time.  

She said she'd send a note to my doctor and suggest I get a cortisone shot, if he thinks I should as well.  She also gave me some bands to use to continue the exercises.  I agreed with her assessment (not sure I agree with the shot though.....ugh....), and I thanked her for all she did.   I thanked a few of the other girls working there who had helped me with this there, and I paid for today's session and left.

And so, that's over.  


I have improved, very much, from when I first started going back in January.  But I kinda thought I might improve more than I have.  Although, as I said, I too recognize I haven't changed much in the last month.

Ah, well, i actually was kinda fun.  And she said, if I need to come back later, just let my doctor know and I could come back.  


POLT

No comments: