Saturday, August 24, 2019

So like most people, when on Facebook, I just scroll right past the ads and pay no attention to them whatsoever.  But then I discovered I can hide the ads and even have the option to hide ALL ads from particulate advertisers!  Ye-haw!

So I went through my Timeline and stopped at every ad and thought about what to do with hit.  here is my list:

Barnes & Noble - yeah, I'll keep that ad, I like B&N
Petsmart - blocked.  I have no pets, do not plan on getting pets, so no Petsmart for me, blocked
Planned Parenthood Action - Keep that ad, because I support PP, but I'm not donating any money
Planned Parenthood - Hmmmm...not sure why I get this one AND the one above, but I'm keeping both...and donating to neither
TeeTurtle - I have enough t-shirt, thank you, blocked
The New Yorker - Don't live in NY, don't read the New Yorker, blocked
BritBoxTV - I like British TV, but I'm not paying for a channel of it, blocked
Some guy running for Senate in a state I don't live in - blocked
Trivago - I've used Trivago to look up hotel rates, so I'll keep it.
Plated - this is one of those meal kit things delivered to your door, blocked.
Audi USA - don't drive an Audi, have no interest in buying an Adui, blocked
Entertainment Weekly - I get enough magazines as it is now, blocked
Aimovig - no idea what it is, blocked
Neil Gaiman (teaches storytelling) - I like Gaiman's writing but not that much, blocked
Yahoo - I've been on Yahoo for over a decade - blocked
DXL Mens Apparel - This is where I shop, a fat man's store.  I'll keep it.

So out of the first list, I'm allowing ads from B&N, Planned Parenthood, Trivago and the fat man's store to remain on my time line.  And that seems about a appropriate.

POLT

No comments: