Friday, June 16, 2006

I shoot off 100 things to remain...

100 Things About Polt

1) I was born November 25, 1967.
2) I graduated high school in 1986, and from Shippensburg University in 1991.
3) I have a degree in Political Science.
4) I have been playing role-playing games (not just limited to Dungeons&Dragons) since 1982.
5) I have been collecting comic books since 1977. My comic book collection is held in 40-some comic book boxes, the exact number of books is unknown.
6) I never touched a drop of alcohol until the summer before my senior year in high school.
7) I have owned five vehicles: 1983Pontiac 6000 (grey), 1987 Chevy Camaro (blue), 1991 Chevy Blazer (blue), 1995 Volkswagen Jetta (white) and 2001 Chrysler Concorde (white).
8) I have lived in four houses, including two different places while in college.
9) I have had 8 pets: Goldie (goldfish), Fluffy (hampster), Hoppy (rabbit), Blueboy (parakeet), Joe (parakeet), Muffin (miniature collie), Kookee, pronounced Cookie (cock-a-poo), and Angel (poodle), and also numerous goldfish won at carnivals that lived only a few days.
10) I have been in 14 states: Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee,Virginia, WestVirginia, and the District of Columbia.
11) I have been in 14 foreign nations: Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and Vatican City.
12) I am a registered Democrat, and have been so all my life.
13) I cast my first vote in the spring of 1986, and have never missed voting in a primary or general election since, except for the primary of 1989, when I was in college.
14) I am gay.
15) I have had three "relationships" in my life, the longest lasting about 18 months.
16) I stand a little over 6 feet tall and weigh less than 300 lbs.
17) I am deathly afraid of heights.
18) I was very afraid of balloons as a child, because the loud noise when they popped scared me.
19) I was afraid of fireworks for the same reason. I'm not afraid of them anymore, but I still do not like them.
20) Autumn is my favorite season.
21) I am an avid Dallas Cowboys fan, I love professional football. I couldn't care less about any other sport, professional or college.
22) I hate cleaning, and do it very rarely. My apartment, therefore, is quite messy.
23) I think men with longish hair (say down to their shoulders or so, or long enough to pull into a ponytail or so) are extremely sexy. But a black man with a shaved head is quite a turn-on for me as well.
24) My favorite place in the whole wide world is Toronto, Canada
25) I love Star Trek, the Next Generation specifically, but any series of Star Trek will do.
25) I think Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is underrated.
26) I think the three new Star Wars movies are overrated.
27) I chew my fingernails incessantly.
28) I've been diagnosed as diabetic since the summer of 2000. I currently check my blood sugar every morning and take 9 pills daily for it.
29) I wear size 11-13 shoes, depending on the shoe itself.
30) I am an only child, but I am the oldest of 7 first cousins, who are all pretty close.
31) My only regret about being gay is that I'll never make my mother a grandmother.
32) I've been to Capitol Gay Pride in Washington DC every year since 1998, except for 2003 when I was in a wedding that day and couldn't go.
33) I think X-Men 2 was the best comic book movie ever.
34) I never really liked Christopher Reeve as Superman, but Lynda Carter IS Wonder Woman!
35) Queer As Folk was a great, ground-breaking television show...but a little overrated.
36) As a child, I collected the paper placemats from restaurants.
37) I think Lucille Ball is THE greatest American comedienne of all time. Madeline Kahn came a close second though.
38) I cried all the way home when my mom took me to see Charlotte's Web as a kid.
39) I still cry at the ending of Beautiful Thing, Latter Days and the Christmas episode of My So-Called Life.
40) I think Vanilla Bean Cheesecake at TGIFriday's is the next best thing to sex. And Cadbury Caramel Eggs and the next best thing to the cheesecake.
41) I am not much for the outdoors. If I can't have a microwave, computer, comfy couch and a/c with me, I don't really wanna be there.
42) I would like to visit San Francisco and possible Seattle, and other than that, I have no desire to visit any place in the USA that I have not already been to.
43) Purple is my favorite color, obviously.
44) Absolutely Fabulous, Monty Python and Fawlty Towers just crack me up. And I have laughed so hard at Christmas Vacation that I damn near wet myself.
45) I would much rather stay up to watch the sun rise than wake up to see it.
46) The first DVD I ever owned was Hedwig And The Angry Inch, and it was a gift from my fairy godfather , Mark. (but he also gave me a Christmas Macarena CD a few years prior to that, so in the end, the goodness balanced out the evilness)
47) I love nearly anything by Madonna (except for that horrid American Pie remake a few years back).
48) My hair is a mousey brown color, but I dye it red to a) cover my grey and b) match the color of my goatee.
49) My eyes are blue.
50) My first concert was Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, in 1987, at the HersheyPark Arena.
51) I have seen, in addition to Bon Jovi, Robert Palmer, The BareNaked Ladies, Alanis Morisette, The B-52's, The Go-Go's, Blondie, The Pychedelic Furs, and of course, Madonna, in concert.
52) I have seent Rent in Toronto, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Other plays I've seen include, Mama Mia, The Lion King, Hairspray, Cinderella and numerous summer stock theater.
53) I was raised a Protestant. Right now, i believe in God and do have a relationship with him, but do not believe in any organized religion.
54) I believe that if Wal-Mart is not one of the seven signs of the Apocolypse, it damn well outta be. But because of the convience, I shop there anyway.
55) I believe George W. Bush is either the most incompetent fool, or the most selfish bastard, to ever be president. And possibly both.
56) I believe that few men have the body to wear a Speedo. But if they do, they should wear one as often as possible.
57) I have been writing, since May of 1995, a weekly letter of my life to firstly my friend Heather, then my friend Donna and now my friend Amie. I have copies of every letter.
58) I have broken every one of the 10 Commandments, except for the no killing thing.
59) Since March of 1983, I've been writing a story involving super-heroes of my own creation, it now fills 54 notebooks.
60) Pasta and meat sauce is probably my favorite food, although Mexican, and a juicy steak are not far behind.
61) I think the acting talents of Sly Stallone, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, and Arnold Schwarzenegger are highly overrated and I think the political talents of Arnold Schwarzenegger are non-existent.
62) If I could be anywhere in the world right now that I've never been to before, it would be Berlin, Germany.
63) If I don't have to get up, I'll naturally sleep in until ten or eleven o'clock in the morning.
64) I enjoy Law & Order more as reruns than as first run episodes.
65) I sleep in the nude because clothes make me hot and I get all tangled up in them while I sleep.
66) I have the Superman 'S' tattooed on the outside of my upper left arm, and I have no piercings.
67) I am a horrible speller.
68) I like haddock, halibut and shrimp, but can't stand other kinds of seafood.
69) I am top, have never bottomed, and have no desire to do so. Coincidentially enough, I DO enjoy a good 69 also.
70) Other than traffic violations, my only brush with the law was a Possession of Alcohol Under 21, three months before my 21st birthday. I had to go to court, tell the judge what I had done, and was then given a roughly $70 fine.
71) I've worn glasses since 6th grade, had braces from 4th through 7th grade, and worn corrective shoes, for flat feet, all through elementary school.
72) I can listen to practically any kind of music, except for country. I prefer even opera to that. But, I think Pasty Cline had one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.
73) I am allergic to cats, mown grass, and, despite the condition of my apartment, dust.
74) Growing up I wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher...neither of which happened.
75) I love kids and babies...except for chaning diapers. Won't have anything to do with that.
76) I have memories of all four of my grandparents, a step-grandmother, and two great-grandparents.
77) I had two years of Latin in high shcool and a semester of German in college, and I wish I knew how to converse in a language other than English.
78) My first teenage crush was on Leif Garrett. My second was on Phillip McKewon, who played Tommy on Alice. This might explain where my long hair fetish comes from.
79) The first things I can recall putting on my room's walls were that famous Farrah Fawcett poster, an aerial photograph of the Colosseum in Rome, and a Carter/Mondale bumper sticker.
80) I came out to my mother early in 1989, but we don't talk about me being gay. I don't know if my father knows, as we've never mentioned it.
81) I have never been admitted to the hospital for any reason other than when I was taken to the emergency room one Halloween when I sprained my ankle. They wrapped it up and gave me crutches.
82) I am right handed in everything I do, except for playing ping pong. No, I don't know why either.
83) I have crossed the Atlanic ocean three times, but the Mississippi River only once.
84) I think one of the greatest threats to our society right now is the merger of the evangelical Christian movements and politics. The founders did not set up a theocracy, and there's good reasons for that, and we should all remember those reasons.
85) I never understood that fascination with Friends, Seinfeld, and Sex In The City.
86) I cannot iceskate, rollerskate, or rollerblade. Walking is tough enough sometimes.
87) I have never had a negative response from anyone that I've come out to.
88) In fourth grade, we learned the song "Fifty Nifty United States", which has all the states in alphabetical order. I know that song still today.
89) I don't really like Judy Garland or Barbra Streisand, but I appreciate thier status among the previous generation of gay men. Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, however, are under-talented, over-hyped screech machines, and thier status as gay icons for the younger generation of gay men is totally beyond my understanding.
90) I think there's nothing like a really good drag show.
91) I generally only own 5 pairs of shoes at one time: sneakers, black work shoes, brown work shoes, sandals, and black boots.
92) I can recite all the Presidents of the United States in reverse order in under two minutes.
93) I drink WAY too much Pepsi. I can't stand the taste of diet drinks.
94) I played the french horn from 3rd to 6th grades, and took piano lessions from 6th until about 8th grade or so, and can play not a note on either of them now.
95) I hate writing with Fine tipped pens, I only like the Medium tips.
96) I like my 'alone time' but I wish I could find a partner to share my life with nonetheless.
97) My father was an only child, I am an only child, and since I'm gay, our branch of the family name ends with me.
98) I haven't riden a bicycle in 19 years.
99) I smoked marijuana about 6 times in college, and dropped acid once, and that's the extent of the illicit drug use in my life.
100) I hate poetry, but when I get depressed I can crank out some of the worst poetry ever written.

And as an added bonus:
101) I didn't think it was going be as difficult, nor take as long as it did, to get 100 things about me!

POLT = listening to "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" by Radiohead

In the long run, we are all dead. - John Maynard Keyes

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Damn...that was a marathon... :D

1) I have a polisci degree too :D

2) Dallas Cowboys, eh? Wanna go to a game with me?

3) #31 made me sad for you...I have a feeling you would/will make a WONDERFUL father.

4) #45 made me want to snuggle with you...

5) Mamma Mia rocks. As does Rent.

6) #54 made me laugh so hard I nearly peed myself.

7) #58 is fascinating...I need to go grab my bible...

8) Did I miss a picture of the tat? If not...where the HELL is it?

9) Mown grass? Mown isn't a word! Is it?

10) #80 stuns me.

11) #88 I think an audio blog is in order... :D

12) #90 I've always wanted to see one...take me please?!!

13) #92...impressive

Very interesting!

Polt said...

hehehe, glad you guys liked the list! Thanks for reading all of it!

Truthspew said...

Hey Polt, nice list! I see you're also a Thanksgiving baby too. Being one who is very familiar with it (11/24) it can be a blessing or a curse.

And don't you know that my first concert had to be the group Boston, playing at the Garden in Boston. But the concert that really mattered was my first P-Funk concert.

Where have I been:

RI, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, GA, FL, TX, IL, DC, PA, OH.

Massachussetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

Still want to visit pretty much every state, some over again, some for the first time.

Only foreign country I've been to thus far is Canada.

BirdMadGirl said...

(Forgive me...I'm going to comment whore you) ;)

1) My dad's bday is 11/22 :)

2) I graduated highschool in 1991

18) I'm a bit frightened of balloons, but only because clowns are usually attached to them.

23) My current man has longish hair almost to his shoulders, but I'm with you, I LOVE a shaved head on a black man. Holy hell. Ooof.

31) You can still make your mother a grandmother. There are many options for you so you shouldn't think that way :(

38) I STILL cry every time I watch Charlotte's Web... And I have a major fear of spiders ;) Charlotte's the only one I've ever loved. haha!

39) I LOVED My So-Called Life and wish they never cancelled that show. Not to mention Jared Leto is just breathtaking.

47) I completely agree 100% with your comment regarding Madonna's music.

52) I have never seen Rent live but am DYING to do so (it's my favorite). There are only 4 soundtracks to musicals on my iPod right now. Rent, being one of them of course, then Evita, Phantom and Little Shop of Horrors.

63) I naturally sleep in 'til 10:15am. It may be a couple minutes before or after... but it's always right around that time.

83) I'm 33 and I just crossed the Mississippi River for the first time in March of this year. Next month I'll be doing it again when I move permanently from Indiana to Colorado.

88) I don't know the Fifty Nifty song, but in the 4th grade I learned the "Helping Verb Song" and STILL know it to this day. But I have problems remembering to return phone calls. WTF?

94) I played the french horn too :) And I don't know how to play it anymore either. Haha

95) I AGREE!!! I'm only fond of medium point pens.

Ok... that's plenty of commenting. I should do one of these lists at some point. :)

Anonymous said...

God Polt, if we were neighbors we would be fast friends. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Onanite

P.s. Come visit me in Oregon

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting hundred things, thanks for sharing

chelliewhik said...

88) I dont know anyone who doesn't know that song! Except maybe those under the fourth grade