Sunday, March 29, 2009

Corey's eyes are like a jungle, he smiles...

Last night, after work, I hung out with my friend from a few weeks ago, the one I thought might be gay but wasn't. From now on, for simplicity's sake, I shall call hiom Corey, only because that's his name.

I was looking to the first season of Skins on DVD, and I had checked the Borders and Best Buy here in town, and they didn't have it. Oh, both could order it, but I wanted to try a few other places in the area. SO after work, I picked up Corey and we went to Frederick. Nothing at Best Buy, nothing at Borders. And then we went to the mall to check out the new Barnes&Noble there.

Great Ceasar's Ghost, that place was huge! I couldn't believe how big that place was. I was overwhelmed. My buddy from my Border's day: Big Joe, I had heard, was the manager there. So Corey and I are wandering around in the DVD section, when who should suddenly appear but Joe! I asked him if he was going to throw us out, and he said he had to have some kinda fun around there. Gotta love Joe. I found out he was the assistant manager, but still, in a store that size, that's pretty impressive. At least to me. He and I talked a bit, catching up somewhat. It was great to talk to him again. Oh, and they didn't have Skins either. Looks like I'll be ordering that online here before too much longer.

So then Corey and I ended up driving through downtown Frederick, in the rain, just cause, well, there was really nothing else we could think of to do. We ended up driving back to town, and we went to Cafe Del Sol to eat. I love the food. And Corey did too. We even had dessert, the canolis, which i know nearly put me into a diabetic coma, but dammit, they are SO good.


So then having already hung out for like 5 hours, and with me being very tired, having gotten up at 6:30 to get to work, I took him and then returned home myself.

But damn, that kid is fascinating. Our conversation had a few awkward moments when I think we were both trying to think of something to talk about, but they were few and didn't last long. Cause once we hit a topic, be talked about it for a long time. He's just so interesting. And so straight. *SIGH*. Seriously, man, I could fall hard for him. But whatever, as I wrote previously, at least I've got a damn good friend out of the deal, ya know.

he doesn't like his picture taken, but I sneaked a few. Well the first one wasn't actually snuck. I just pulled the camera out and took his picture. He tried to turn away, and that's why its a bit blurry, but I still got him in all his cuteness.



The second one is from Borders, when he was bent over looking at comic books (man, can he debate and discuss comic books!). This one made me giggle, just his positioning and all.


Yeah, I do have the maturity level of a 15 year old, thanks for noticing.

POLT Listening to "The Hell Song" by Sum 41

"This feels funny." "My tits feel funny?" "No, you've got a lovely...handful." - Sid, Skins

5 comments:

Tam said...

Only you would take a pic of the guy's butt when he's not looking. LOL I LOVE giant bookstores although they are so overwhelming I kind of end up wandering aimlessly but I love the concept. Seems that your DVD tastes are too esoteric for your neck of the woods.

Kind of sucks that things won't work out for you and Mr. Perfect but as you said, you have a good friend which is a valuable commodity.

Anonymous said...

Get him drunk and take advantage of him.

Onanite

john said...

I heard the Borders near me is closing or going out of business. *le gasp*! Have you heard anything about them closing?

Polt said...

john: I've heard they're in some tough straits right now, but then most businesses are. Haven't heard anything about closures, although it wouldn't surprise me.

HUGS...

Virginia Rose Kane said...

First of all, the fact that you were wandering around Frederick and didn't stop in to see me at either 1) my studio/hiding place or 2) my work place which is an art center I could've given you guys the grand tour of ~ makes me think you need my phone number.

Second of all, I fucking LOVE Monty Python (and the 3 Stooges are quite hilarious, thank you very much.) Football is a yawner and that, milady, is where my estrogen kicks in.