Monday, July 24, 2017

So, a few weeks ago, I saw Spider-Man Homecoming, on it's opening weekend.


My review: The BEST Spider-Man movie yet made.  There's an opening sequence where Peter Parker films a bunch of stuff from his perspective that took place during Captain America: Civil War.  That five minute sequence is better than all five of the previous Spider-Man movies put together!  (well at least the first four, cause the fourth was so God-awful I didn't even bother to go see the fifth one....and I don't believe I missed anything).

The movie was fun, funny, exciting, and entertaining.  Tom Holland LOOKS like he could be a teenage in high school, unlike the previous two actors.  And he acts and talks like a teenager, the character is very well written.  

There was a surprise that occurred that neither I nor ALCMDPP saw coming, and that's rare in any movie.  Iron Man was a fine supporting character and did not overshadow the main character as some feared.  The villain had a motivation that made sense, was rooting in the history of the Marvel Universe, and was more than just "take over the world!"  Again, well written.  

All in all, a great movie.  I've said it before, I'll say it again: Marvel knows their shit when it comes to Marvel movies!  Unlike Fox with the previous Spider-Man and Fantastic Four movies.  And with some of the movies of the X-Men franchise also.  And unlike DC with ANY of their dark, dismal, depressing, shit on the screen movies.

I look forward to the next Marvel movie now, and the future SPider-Man ones!

POLT

No comments: