Sunday, July 30, 2017

The object of my desire, I'm walking on a wire (Part 86)...

Walks 2017

Yesterday, after work, I went to the local mall.  I needed to get my cards for the month of August.  I parked at the opposite end of the Mall so I'd have to walk the length of it.  And did so.  I walked through the Hallmark store looking for cards.  After getting them, I walked through an entertainment store next door, and then a bit further on, I walked through a book store.  And then I left.  I tracked myself, and the app said I walked .87 miles in 23 minutes.  But I don't believe it was that distance, because the map in the app had me zig zagging all over the place!  So, no, I don't trust the result.  But it was a walk, nonetheless.

Today, I woke up a lil after 8, but laid there and read, finished up my current book, was on my phone, etc, etc, etc.  I didn't actually decided to start my day until like 11:45.  I didn't bother to shower, just threw on some clothes, a cap and shoes, and, taking my new book, walked over to Rutters for coffee.  I got a sandwich (with wheat bread!) and a small bag of chips (which I only ate half of) along with my coffee.  I also picked up a Diet Coke.  After paying for everything, I then walked to the town park.  I sat at a picnic table under a tree there, ate all the sandwich, but only half the chips and soda, and read my new book.  I sat there for a bit longer, drinking my coffee and reading.  It was a gorgeous day!  Temps in the low 80's, no humidity, a cooling breeze, no clouds, plenty of sun...a great day for a walk and eating outside.  And then I came home.

So I have a map of the walk, but it's not that impressive, cause the walk wasn't.  But it was and enjoyable time nonetheless.

Today I walked .90 miles in 17 minutes.

Seen on today's walk:  My lunch, and then the view of my lunch!



POLT

No comments: