Friday, September 23, 2016

Yesterday was an interesting day.

First, it was the first day of Autumn, Thank GOD!  I hate Summer, and Autumn is my favorite season.  Unfortunately, it was like 90 degrees outside anyway.  And today is suppose to be the same temp, although by Sunday, the high's supposed to be only around 70, so that's good.

Also, first thing in the morning, I got my annual flu shot.  Not a problem there, no pain or nothing.  But sometime later in the day, I realized I had left my phone at home.  And while I felt a bit naked or like I had lost a limb, that wasn't the worst thing.  After work I was to get my monthly Cut-N-Color, and after she puts the color on, I have to sit about 15-25 minutes and let it take effect, and while I do that, I usually read a book or putz around on my phone.  And not only did I leave my phone at home, I also left my book there.  So I had nothing to do while I sat around doing nothing.  

I did manage to take the daily paper with me, though, so I read that...although that only took like 5 minutes.  The remainder of the time, I rested the side of my head on my hand (ensuring not to get the hair color on my hand) and I slept.  

After work, I came home, and when I checked for the mail, I noticed something on the front porch.


It appears I had a visit from the Pumpkin Fairy while I was at work.  In actuality, mom bought herself some pumpkins for in front of her cottage and she bought me this one as well, and dropped it off.  I was going to get one myself, but not until the 1st or 2nd of October.  But now I don't have to do so.

Also, I went to the basement and got my Autumn wreath and put it up on the front door.


Ah, very autumnal, very seasonal.

Anyway, I then got a shower to wash all the lil hairs off me.  And then I made supper: steak on the George Foreman and fries.  And I ate them while watching more of The West Wing (I'm about halfway through the 5th season).

I went up to bed about 930, but once again got wrapped up on my phone (in email/Instagram/Vine/Snapchat/YouTube/Facebook, etc, etc, etc) and didn't put the phone down until about 11.  But luckily I had no problems getting to sleep.

Not a bad day, just an interesting one.

POLT

No comments: