Sunday, January 21, 2018

So, Johnnie's back in the states.  He called yesterday and he arranged a visit today.    After mom and I had lunch at her place, I stopped by the grocery store and got stuff to make another batch of chili.  While I was making it, Johnnie arrived.  We talked in the kitchen while I finished preparing it, and then while it simmered, we went into the Living Room and watched the first NFL playoff game: The Jacksonville Jaguars at the New England Patriots.  Which was almost a great game, but in the end, the Pats won.

But after simmering a bit, Johnnie and I both had a bowl of chili.  I kept it simmering on the stove, and we later each had another bowl, before he left.

It was a great and fun surprise to hang with him today.  And to share the chili.  Although, now I'll probably go to the store and buy stuff for another batch and make that tomorrow!  I can usually get 7 bowls out of a particular batch, but I've already used 4 bowls.  So, I'll need to make more.


POLT

No comments: