Saturday, January 20, 2018

The truth is I never left you (Part 316)...

TRUTH In The Time Of tRump!

It's been a year since our national nightmare began.  I saved this so I could check it each year.  So let's do this:


January 20, 2018:

The DOW: 26,115 (as of Jan. 17, 2018)
S&P 500: 2810
Unemployment: 4.1%
Uninsured Adults: 12.2%
American cars sold: The only stat I could find was a little over 6 million.  However, this place also says there were only 7 millions sold in 2016, not the 17.5 million listed in the chart, so I don't know about this one.
Deficit % of GDP: 3.5%
Consumer confidence: 122

I was honestly quite surprised that it hasn't gotten a lot worse economically.  But then I remembered, Obama's last budget was still in effect until the end of the fiscal year, which was September 30th.  SO really, this is a result of Obama's policies.

And now that the taxscam bill has passed and the Republicans have shut down the government, doing more harm to our economy, I fully expect the results to be a lot different next year this time.

But I've been wrong before.


POLT

No comments: