Monday, September 24, 2018

I would not sell my collection, for if I did, I would cry (Part 33)...

Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

This month, we go back September 1985, and Marvel's Squadron Supreme #1.


This was the first issue of a 12 issue mini-series about the Squadron Supreme.  The team had been in the Marvel Universe for years.  It was a take off of the Justice League, and they lived in an alternate dimension to the regular Marvel Universe.

Clockwise from right: Tom Thumb (The Atom), Aquarian (Aquaman), Golden Archer (Green Arrow), Whizzer (The Flash), Lady Lark (Black Canary), Nuke (Firestorm), Dr. Spectrum (Green Lantern), American Eagle (Hawkman), Hyperion (Superman), Power Princess (Wonder Woman), and Arcanna (Zatanna).

I always loved the Squadron Supreme.  And what happened to them in these 12 issues was crazy, sad and yet, totally logical within the context of the series.

POLT

No comments: