Thursday, September 20, 2018

I'm coming over, so move over, I'm Madonna on a mattress....

I may have mentioned this before, but a few weeks ago, mom and I saw a Retirement Sale sign on a local furniture store.  We went in and, since all mattresses were half off, I got a new $1700 King sized mattress for $850.  Nice!  (mom got an electric recliner, but that's not what we're talking about right now).

Today, the mattress was delivered!  By two contractors, not regular movers, that was clear.  Neither of the guys were over 23, I'm sure.  One a hot thin black guy, the other a thick Latino guy, both...very nice eye candy.  Their moving skills, however, were a bit lacking.  Nonetheless we (and yes I mean WE cause I had to help them with some of the maneuvering) got the old mattress and box springs out and the new ones in.

Here is the comparison!


The old one is thicker, cause it had one of those pads on both sides of it.  But this new mattress supposedly doesn't need to pads....we'll see when I sleep in it tonight.

I got the old mattress in October 2000, so it was 18 years old (if my mattress had been a person, it would almost be a legal adult!).  It was still a fine mattress, and I didn't NEED a new mattress, but hell, for half price, I'm glad I got one!

POLT

No comments: