Monday, January 28, 2019

I would not sell my collection, if I did, I would cry (Part 37)...

Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Today we travel back 40 years to January 1979 and the Uncanny X-Men #117.



This is early in the Claremont/Byrne era. It goes into Professor X's history, in his mental battle with the evil Amahl Farouk (possessed by the even more evil Shadow King).  They met in Egypt several years previous to Xavier relaying this flashback, and Professor X defeated him in a bottle on the Astral Plane.  It would not be the last time we saw the Shadow King, but this did reveal some not before seen Professor X background.

I did not buy this one off the shelf as I was not into the X-Men in January 1979.  But I did get it a few years later from a back issue bin somewhere.

POLT

No comments: