Friday, May 29, 2020

So, in the Biden Veepstakes, I was pulling for Amy Klobucar.  She was moderate, calm, from the Midwest, and was my second choice for President last year (after Mayor Pete).

However, it's recently come to light that in a previous job a few years ago (I don't what job, perhaps District Attorney?), she was in a position to charge the cop who killed George Lloyd when there was another incident he was involved in.  And she declined to do so.

So her shot at VP is gone.  Or at least should be.  She should be scratched right off Biden's list.  I mean, it's a shame because I think she would have made the perfect candidate to run with Biden, but...well...     Picking her now would certainly turn off and/or alienate Biden's main base of supporters: African Americans.

So, I look to other choices.  Elizabeth Warren, I'm sorry, is too old. I don't want a person in their 70s running for president, but if that's they way it turns out, I damn sure don't want a person in their 70s to be his backup.  Stacey Abrams in GA could be a shot...but really, she has no state level experience, much less Federal.  And Gov. Whitmer of Michigan, while I'd love to see her get picked just because it would piss off tRump (impeached) (she's a 'nasty' woman, who won't cowtow to him, remember?), she's only held that job for 2 years and has no other state level experience either.

So I guess my new favorite pick in the Biden VeepStakes is Kamala Harris.  I don't have any problem with her, I just preferred others to her.  But she's be more than fine as a Veep candidate.  She's a person of color.  She's a Senator.  And, as a former prosecutor, she knows how to take people on.  And has done so in Senate Hearings.  I would LOVE to see her in the 'attack dog' position in the campaign.  Ya know, allowing Biden to stay above the fray and act presidential while she gets to go out and verbally savage to opposition.  And if there are debates (which i'm sure there won't be) I'd love to see her devour Pence.

But anyway, this is my thinking.  Take it for what it's worth.

POLT

No comments: