Monday, March 22, 2021

Music, makes the people, come together (Part 1)....

 Musical Memories

Today, I'm starting a new, irregular series, showing some music, and a distinct memory I have about it.

For the first one, I've chosen, "She Talks To Angels" by the Black Crowes


This song, (that plays after the Goddamn unavoidable ad that YouTube, in it's asinine wisdom not plays before nearly every freakin' video)  was out an popular circa 1990 when I was working at CVS drugstore.  

While there, they hired this girl about my age, named Karen.  Karen grew up right outside DC but moved here with her family. But she still had the....cosmopolitan, bohemian aura about here even living in this small town I live in. 

Anyway, when I heard this song, it sounded like he could have been singing about Karen, and I told her so, and she laughed and said she loved that.  And one evening, when we both got off work at the same time, I walked her to her car, and she told to me to wait a minute.  She  started her car, and slipped a Casingle (remember those?), into the tape player, and then "She Talks To Angels" started blaring from her car.  

We laughed a bit, and then she started dancing, slowly, swaying, back and forth and in slow circles, singing the song.  She was wearing a long skirt, nearly to her ankles that swirled about and out and she moved,  and a vest over her shirt  and she always work a few bangles on her wrists and they were jingling as she dancing.  And I smiled, snapping, my fingers along with her.

And this is the memory I always get whenever I hear, "She Talks To Angels"

POLT


No comments: