Friday, June 24, 2022

 And so, once again this I missed the Palace's Anniversary!  

Seventeen years ago  yesterday, June 23rd, 2005, was the Palace's first blogpost.


I've had the Palace longer than I've had my house.  Or my current dentist.  Or Rutters just half a block away from me.  The Palace stated before Hurricane Katrina, or before Obama was in office, or before two of three ParisPeking kids.  In the 'lifetime' of the Palace I've had three beds, three cars, three TV sets, three iPhones and used three different washer/dryer sets.  Back when I started this, Ag, my father and my mother's mother were all still alive.  Back when I started this, I was still going to DC Pride regularly, Toronto regularly and the local comic book store regularly.  The Palace began before insulin shots, shots in my eyeballs and discovering I have a slight heart issue.  Back when I started this, I had not yet met Kris or Derick or most of my current fuckbuddies.

Wow...a lot has changed in these 17 years.  But through all that, I've had the Palace. And even though it's changed over the years, it's always been there.

Don't know how long I'll keep this going, I don't have any plans to stop now, but who knows.  But I'm quite glad I did start this up, for a myriad of reasons.

Happy Birthday Polt's Palace, a day late.

POLT

No comments: