Wednesday, September 28, 2022

 Today, 35 years ago, this started!



Despite its....not so good first season and rather somewhat horrid second season, this is, in my opinon THE best Star Trek series.  I like things about all the other series, but overall, all things considered, this one is the best of the bunch.

I remember Saturday evenings at 7PM I had to be glued to the TV to see what happened that week with the crew.  I remember after I started working at Domino's I always tried to be off Saturdays at 7 so I wouldn't miss this.

I also remember the week Tasha Yar was killed, I could not get off work, and I was delivering a pizza to an apartment above where the Waynesburger is now (it was an appliance store then), and when the guy opened his door, in his living room, the TV set was showing the ending credits of the show, and I commented on it.  and he was like, "You didn't see it?  Oh man you have GOT to catch it when they show it again!"  Wouldn't tell me anything more about it.

They did replay each week's episodes, I THINK Wednesday nights, but I may be wrong about the day.  Nonetheless I did catch all the shows I missed on Saturdays on the reshowing.

Crazy was you can remember 35 years in the past....

POLT

No comments: