Wednesday, June 21, 2023

If I were a hero, I'd be Martin Luther (Part 2546).....

 Superhero Anydays

This past weekend, comic book artist John Romita Sr passed away.  I was rather ambivalent about his work, although I understand an appreciate his contributions to Marvel Comics in the 60s and 70s.   His work was fine, nothing wrong with it, but to me, it didn't pop like a Byrne or Perez.   But he still did a LOT to help build Marvel into what it eventually became.  He also had a son, John Romita Jr, who was a Marvel artist, and I think it still is.

John Romita SR was 93 years old. 


In 1975, Marvel Comics published this book on the origins of Marvel.  John Romita Sr did the cover work: Silver Surfer, Marvel Girl, Daredevil, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Nick Fury and The Watcher.
*******************
And today we also have a gender bent Starfire of the New Teen Titans cosplayer. 


POLT

No comments: