Monday, November 14, 2016

Don't want you back for the weekend, not back for a day....

So, what did I do this weekend?  Let me tell ya...

Friday was, of course, Veteran's Day.  But I went in to work anyway.  I'd take the holiday a later time.  And work was....well work.  The less said about it, the better.

After work, and coming home here to change, I headed out to my friend Michelle's house.  After picking her up, we went to Frederick, where we ate at this amazing Mexican place, called Casa Rico.  Damn, that food was amazing!  It was SO tasty, I dont know what it was about it, but it was just delicious. 

Following this, and thank GOD we had the GPS, we went to the Other Voices Theatre, which was a quirky little place with lots of charm.  Very cozy: stadium seating, but only about ten rows of like 18 seats per row, and the floor in front of them is actually the stage!  A great place I look forward to going back to.  

And there, was saw La Cage Aux Folles, a very funny play upon which the movie The Birdcage is based.  And while not as funny as The Birdcage, it was still very funny!  And fun!  And we both had an amazing time.

Friday before getting to Michelle's, VUBOQ and I started texting each other.  And we decided since he's going to be in West Virginia at his "Cabin Of Ill Repute", which is relatively close to me, that I could come down and visit on Saturday, since that's when I was taking the day off anyway, and I had nothing planned.   

So, once I got up, showered and dressed, I got some coffee from Rutters and programmed the GPS and then headed out to West-By-God-Virginia.   Once leaving the interstate, I almost immediately hit the tertiary roads and it was like Deliverance country.  Lots of trees, few people and I'm pretty sure I heard banjos more than once.

But once I reached the Cabin....it was much better than I expected.  Much smaller than I thought, but definitely very cozy and pleasant.  And there was a great view from the porch.  We ate vegetarian lasagna, we binge watched 5 episodes of Mad Men, we drank wine and snacked on cheese and crackers, we laughed and we talked and we had a really fun time!

As it got dark, though, I decided to leave, because I didn't want to be driving those crazy, twisty, hilly roads after dark.  But I got home safely and soundly.  And then set about binge watching even more Mad Men, until it was time to go to bed.

Sunday, I got up and mom and stopped by with some KFC and we ate that.  Then, Derick called and stopped by for a lil bit and there was some bedtimesexxyfun.  He left, and a lil bit later, ALCMDPP stopped by.  We watched the end of the of the first football game and then watched the entire Dallas-Pittsburgh game.  And we were both surprised and overjoyed when Dallas pulled it out in the end!

When he left, I watched a few more Mad Men episodes before going to sleep.

I got up Monday, got my coffee and headed out to my doctor's appointment at 10:45.  But when I got there at 10:35, the receptionist informed me my appointment was for 10:15.  WTH?  But she went and checked and said they'd fit me in in a little bit.  So I sat and read until being called in.

The doctor was good about it all.  But my results were not good.  Well everything WAS good, except for the A1C (long term blood sugar level).  It had risen from 8.0 to 8.7.  That's bad (see chart below).  I just have to do so much better over the next couple months...although those months are gonna be rough what with Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and then January and February, cold, dark months where i just want to hibernate. But we'll see how well I can do.

Upon returning home, I did laundry while watching even more Mad Men. I'm near the end of season 6, I've only one more season, and a few episodes of this season, and then I'm done.

All in all, a great weekend: started out active, ended relaxed...just as it should be.

And of course, I have photos.

Friday Night: Michelle and the chips and salsa!

Friday night: our meals, they tasted even better than they look!

Friday: The Other Voices theatre.

Friday: We took this selfie trying to get the gorilla on the wall in there with us, but it was kinda dark...

Friday:...so we took the photo in front of all the books they had there!

Saturday: the mounted deer head at the Cabin Of Ill Repute (VUBOQ didn't shoot it, it conveyed when he bought the cabin).

This carved bear conveyed as well, he has been named Captain Agamemnon Fauntleroy Sparklepants the III, a very fitting name, I think.  And I'm sure the lai is from VUBOQ and didn't convey.

VUBOQ and me, on the porch, enjoying the day.

"The Cain Of Ill Repute", right before I pulled away.  I know I'll be back, and I'll have just as much fun then as well!

And below, The Chart.


POLT

No comments: