Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Scan the seas, deep down....

Last night, I finally had the MRI.

I might have mentioned this before, I don't remember, but I've had probably with my left shoulder for a few years now.  The doctor says it's something with my rotator cuff (oh joy) and we finally just needed an MRI to get an inside look.


I had tried the MRI here in Waynesboro back in July.  But the machine was so closed in I couldn't do it.  The girl working there suggested I have my doctor prescribe me some kind of med to help relax me and go to the MRI at the Chambersburg Hospital, where they have an 'open' MRI...just one with a larger barrel.


So the doctor gave me some diazepam (aka Valium) and we got me scheduled at the hospital.  Mom drove me up. I took the pills as prescribed: one about a half hour ahead of time, and one right before.

The MRI machine did have a wider barrel, and I had no issue with it.  They did have me all strapped up with things across my shoulder and resting under my arm, and etc, etc, etc.  I had large earphones on and was listening to classical music, so I could still hear the thumping and pounding of the machine, but it didn't bother me.  And I didn't want to fall asleep, cause I thought I might jerk or move suddenly, as you do.  But I think i DID fall asleep at one point, cause I was in the machine for nearly and hour, and it didn't seem at ALL that long.

The worse part was it got hot in the machine, and I starting sweating a bit and it was dribbling down my face, and I couldn't wipe it off.  But whatever, that truly WAS the worst of it, and so you can see it wasn't that bad.


Now I just have to wait until I get the results from the doctor.

POLT

No comments: