Monday, February 27, 2017

SO...

The Oscars.   Yeah, I'm glad Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor.  Not only is the first Muslim to win an acting award, which will piss off all the tRumpikins around he country (as if him being black didn't piss them off enough), and not only is he a HELL of an actor (see House Of Cards and to a lesser extent, Luke Cage), but he's sexy as HELL!  Damn, such eye candy!  With an amazing smile.  And as a final plus, he won for Moonlight, which is a gay movie.

And speaking of Moonlight, I'm glad it won Best Picture.  I wanted it to, just because it's gay themed.  Not only is that important to me personally, but it'll piss off those tRumpikins!  Now I just have to watch it.....
********************
The Oscars again.  The mixup at the end with Best Picture.  I didn't want La La Land to win it because everyone I know personally who saw it were underimpressed with it.  They said it was an okay movie, but certainly not Best Picture.  So I'm glad that didn't happen, and that Moonlight did (see above for the reasons).  But I felt sorry for Warren Beatty nonetheless.  And very sorry for the cast and crew of La La Land onstage!  How horrible.  Although the guy at the microphone handled the situation very deftly and was extremely classy about the whole thing.
********************
The Oscars, yet again.  I really wanted Meryl Streep to get Best Actress, so she could say some things about tRump again.  I was surprised at the lack of political messages in the speeches.  Although the Iranian director's letter was poignant.  And Gael Garcia Bernal's speech was very well said (and needed to BE said!  By someone who IS Mexican!)   The writer's of Moonlight also had an great acceptance speech early in the evening. BUT, the best and I mean THE BEST speech of the evening was Viola Davis' acceptance speech!  Incredible!
********************
NOT the Oscars.....Last week one night as I was preparing for bed, I got my toothbrush, but  when I saw it, I decided it was time for a new one.  So I threw it away, and then discovered....I had no other toothbrush in my house!  How does that happen?  I always have extra toothbrushes, so I don't run out, or in case I have an unplanned overnight visitor.  But somehow it happened.  So then, and the next morning, I just used mouthwash.

That afternoon, after physical therapy, I went to the grocery store to get toothbrushes, and a few other things.  I left the store, after having spent $51 and as I got to my car, I realized...I had not gotten toothbrushes.  *SIGH*  So, after putting the groceries in the car, back into the store I went to get, FINALLY, the toothbrushes!

********************
Saturday at work, for lunch, I got two hard boiled eggs, and decided to make egg salad.  I was peeling the second egg and I noticed these tiny red streaks across some parts of the egg I had already peeled.  And then I figured it out: it was my blood!  I had cut my thumb while peeling a freakin' hard boiled egg!  Who DOES that????
********************
Physical therapy seems to be going well, thank you very much.  They've give me weights on exercises I didn't have weight's on before.  They've increased the weights on some of the ones I did have weights one.  They got rid of some of the easier ones, and given me ones that are a bit more difficult, at least for now.  

But I've been noticing small differences.  I dont have the sharp pains (usually) when I put a coat on.  I don't have the sharp pains (usually) when I try to yank the sheets back over me, or lay on the left side.  I don't have the pains (usually) when reaching up for something high up.  And previously, I ALWAYS had pains at these times...so it's definitely an improvement!


POLT

No comments: