Thursday, November 23, 2017

So....

Every year that I've been alive, we'd had a family reunion on Thanksgiving.  We usually had 50-55 people, sometimes, as high as 70.  But, with people dying off, younger people moving away not coming back for this holiday, people getting married and going with their in-laws, etc, this year, we were only going to have 14 people.  SO they canceled it.

My aunt had already gotten the turkey before they canceled it, so she just had her family and mom and I down there...a total of 10 people.  But the meal was fantastic.  Its a shame to see another thing from my childhood (well hell, my adulthood too...in fact, my entire life) ending.  But, that's what happens as one ages.

After the meal, I came home and did the other Thanksgiving tradition I have: filling out my Christmas cards as I watch Dallas play football!  Dallas's game was horrifically bad.  But at least I got the cards done.  All 84 of them.  In three and a half hours.  They were all filled out, addressed, stamped and had return address put on.

And they're going all over the place.  Several in my home state of Pennsylvania, several in my work state of Maryland.  But I'm also sending to New Jersey, Iowa, Rhode Island, Minnesota, Michigan, Massachusetts, the NYC city area, other areas in New York, Utah, California, Louisiana, Washington DC, Florida, West Virginia, and even Canada, Kuwait and Iraq!

So at least that's done for another year.  I'll not be mailing right away, probably sometime next week.  And here's a few pics:


The return address stickers, the cards in the boxes and the stamps above them.


And the final product: filled out, addressed, stamped, return addressed and ready to mail!

POLT

No comments: