Sunday, December 17, 2017

I would not see my collection, if I did, I would cry (Part 24)...

Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Today we go back twenty years to December of 1997, and Starman, Volume 2, issue #37.


This entire series was amazing, mainly because of the writing of James Robinson.  It's about the son of the original, WWII era Starman (Ted Knight), who became the new Starman (Jack Knight).  So it was a legacy hero series, which I always liked.  But it also dealt with a lot of history, and unusual storylines, and it made the Shade from a second rate Flash villain into a mutli-faceted, deeply complex and interesting anti-hero. 

The art was a lil iffy at times, but by and large, it fit the stories.  And overall, the series was one of my favorites while it was being published.

POLT

No comments: