Saturday, December 23, 2017

SO...

My last ten days or so....

Last Saturday, I worked, as usual.  Then right after that, I went out to mom's.  We packed up and went to the old folks home out there.  They have a room there that mom reserved and that's where we had our family Christmas.  Delicious food.  Lots of Family.  Lots of fun.  Gifts exchanged.  Laughs had.  A great time.

Following this, I came home, dropped off my gifts, and then headed out again, to Michelle's house.  She had her annual Christmas Party/Birthday Party For Her Stepson.  Was there for about a hour and a half.    Had some food, did some talking, ended up only having a shot of bourbon, nothing else.

Sunday morning went to moms and then together we went to Chambersburg to get some last minute shopping done and eat lunch.  Afterwards, came home and watched football all day.  Got a surprise text from a fuck buddy I haven't been with since like April.  He came over and we played for a bit, both of us enjoying the bedtimesexxyfun.  Then after he left, I watched Dallas beat the Raiders....and just barely do so.

Monday, I got up and took my car out to get the oil changed.  Mom came and picked me up and then we took the cookies, peanut brittle, fudge, and garlic pretzels she had made and we had packed up, over to my place of employment (as we do every year), and gave them to my coworkers to enjoy.  Then we did a bit more non-Christmas shopping in Hagerstown.

Tuesday, I took my gifts for some of my coworkers (six of them actually) in and handed them out.  I also got a few gifts back.  It was also the Christmas Party at work, so we had a pretty good lunch.

Wednesday, after work, I met up with the ParisPekings at the movie theater, and we all saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  My review?  I enjoyed it, although I'm not raving about it.  It dragged horribly for the middle third of the film, but at the end there were several things I did not see coming, nor expect, and I enjoy surprises like that.  And the film was visually astounding in!  Just beautiful.  But I'm not raving about it, due to some other problems.  Still, I'd give it a A-/B+.

Thursday after work, Ghostie came over and we played the election game.  That night, I won a VERY close game, 272-266 electoral votes!

Friday, work was work.  But afterwards, I went and ordered the pizza for work the next day and also went to a used book store to look for a last minute gift for mom. I didn't even have the idea until Thursday night.   I went over lunch to a nearby used bookstore, and they didnt have it.  But there was the second one near the pizza place, so I went in and they HAD IT!  Got that and a few books for myself (of course).  

Today, work was light.  I wore my Christmas tie.  Every year, I buy myself a Christmas tie and wear it to work the Saturday before Christmas, then it goes in the closet with my other Christmas ties never to be seen again. I think I have about 13 of them or so. (although this year, I wore and old one to the family Christmas, so I may start doing that....who knows?)  Also, at lunch, the pizzas were delivered for all my co-workers to enjoy.  The big, big, BIG boss let us go two hours early since it's the holiday weekend, so I came home at 2pm.  Ended up taking an hour nap, which was gloriious.  And now I'm watching football the rest of the night.

Tomorrow, mom and I are going out for lunch, like we usually do.  I then plan on spending the day watching football.  Although Derick is supposed to come over, we'll exchange gifts and he's supposed to spend the night too.  That'll be sweet.


Monday is of course Christmas.  I'll be going out to mom's to exchange gifts and have her home cooked Christmas meal.  Then spend the rest of the day doing nothing.

Tuesday and Wednesday I have off work too, and then back to work Thursday.


Been a busy, but not hectic, last week or so.

POLT

No comments: