Monday, February 24, 2020

So, today I decided I'd order a pizza from Domino's Pizza.


I logged on, and as soon as I did, a small window popped up stating that per Google, there was a mass hack of Dominos website, and I might want to change my password.  I thought "PFFFT, yeah, okay, whatever", closed the box and was ready to order my pizza when I saw a box in the upper left, that said, "Welcome back Albi.  If you're not Albi, log out."

Hmm, I thought, that doesn't seem right, normally I see my own name up there.  So I logged out, and then logged back back in.  And it still said Albi.  Okay, now I was worried.  I clicked on something to check my profile.  I saw my name was apparently now Albi Ali, and I had a phone number which, when I checked it on Reverse Phone Search, had an area code from somewhere in Minnesota.

I immediately when to the place where I could change my password, and did so.  Then I went back to my profile and checked through some stuff there and I saw that apparently I ordered a pizza last Friday and had it delivered to some address in Minneapolis.   I thought I had 60 points left so I could order a free pizza, but today, I only had 10 points left.  So maybe I didn't have 60 points after all.  Or maybe I did, and Albi Ali in Minneapolis Minnesota used them to get himself a free pizza.

I next quickly went down and checked that i did NOT have a card listed on file, and I didn't.  I usually pay in cash, and the only times I use a card, I don't save the info to the webpage.  For reasons just such as this.

But everything's back to normal info wise.  And after going through all this, I decided I didn't want a pizza after all.

POLT

No comments: