Wednesday, August 16, 2023

I would not sell my collection, for if I did, I would cry (Part 92)...

 Today In The History of Polt's Comic Book Collection

This month, we head back to August of 1976 and DC's All-Star Comics #61.


During the 40s, DC published All-Star Comics, which premiered the world's first superhero team, the Justice Society.  The title ran into the 50, to issue #57, when, suddently and without warning or explanation, it became All-Star Western.  It ran Western comics and the superheroes disappeared. 

In 1976, DC decided to revive the Justice Society, using some old members and some new members.  And they used the All-Star Comics title.  They started the numbering with #58, taking up where the old superheroes ended and ignored the Western issues. 

I did not buy this comic off the stands in 76, although I did start buying All-Star Comics a few years later, for the short time remaining that the title was published.  But I did go back over the years and buy the other issues from #58 onwards.  

I don't really remember what happened in this issue, honestly, but I know i have it. 

POLT

No comments: