Sunday, December 24, 2023

I would not sell my collection, for if I did, I would cry (Part 97)...

Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Yes I already did one of these this month, but today, we have a Holiday Special Version!   Today we're going back to December of 1974 when 7 year old Polt went to the Village Bookstore in the Wayne Heights Mall while his mother was in the grocery store there, and what did he find on the shelves?

Christmas With The Super-Heroes!


At the time, this cost $1.00 (I've found it online for anywhere from $9.50 to $34.00!).  My weekly allowance was $1.00, so for me to get this was a huge deal!  One comic book, not the usual three (regular ones were 30 cents).  But this particular edition has FOUR different stories in it!  And, as the cover says, a calendar for 1975 AND puzzle pages!!!  How could I NOT get it?  And so I did. 

I not longer have this, though.  At the time, I would use scissors to cut the figures out of some of the covers and use the magnets on the fridge to display them for a while (until mom took them down and threw them away).  This was before I was collecting, I was just reading them then. 

Anyhow, this edition had stories from Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel and the Teen Titans, all that were Christmas themed.  I remember a lil bit of a few of the stories, mostly because I read the stories elsewhere in other reprint issues.  

But even though I don't remember the individual stories, or the calendar or puzzle pages, I vividly remember buying it off the shelves!

POLT

No comments: