Wednesday, March 15, 2017

SO....

Today was my first day back to work this week after being off yesterday for the snow.  It was an okay day, nothing great or awful happened.

After work, I made it to Physical Therapy, which was a little tough, cause my shoulder, arm, and upper back were a little tight due to the shoveling yesterday.  But on the plus side, my therapist said, because of my progress, she was cutting me back from three days a week to two days a week!  yay!  Yay for progress, not having three days a week tied up, and not having to pay for three days a week!

Right after that I drove to the theater and saw Moonlight, with Mrs. ALCMDPP.  I didn't ask HIM to go, cause I'm pretty sure he'd have no interest in seeing it.  But I thought she wouldn't mind seeing it, and she agreed to go with me.


Not sure what I thought of it.  Lots of eye candy.  Kinda depressing.  I just felt so sorry for Little I wanted to just give him a big old hug!   And I was hoping for a lil chocolate on chocolate action there at the end with Black and Kevin, but twas not to be.  And it was a little slow at parts, BUT, it was slow because things were happening even though nothing was said.

I gotta say, the teen who played Chiron was an amazing actor.  He didn't say a whole lot of words, but my GOD, the emotions he conveyed with just his eyes and facial expressions....amazing.  Even Little said a LOT with just his eyes and the inclination of his head.  I'm shocked at the ability to do so of both actors, both so young.

And even though it took place in a poverty stricken area, and dealt with drug selling and drug abuse, and did have firearms IN it, there were no gunshots, not car chases, no screeching tires, or tits, or gratuitous nudity or violence.  It was a very A-typical Hollywood movie.

After the film ended, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but now that I've a few hours to ruminate on it and think it over, I gotta say I did enjoy it.  Quite a bit.  And the more I think about it, the more I liked it.

Great movie, all in all.

No comments: