Sunday, July 24, 2022

I would not sell my collection, for if I did, I would cry (Part 79)...

 Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Today we travel by to July of 1992 and Marvel Comics's miniseries The Infinity War Issues #2.

This miniseries, in some way, involved in the Thanos and the Infinity Stones storylines.  I vaguely remember all that, but I don't remember this issue specifically.  I know, tho, I have it, cause I would have gotten anything involved in this storyline. 

The cover art is by Rom Lim, great artist.  And, from what I can take from the cover, it was mutants vs everyone else (Avengers, Fantastic Four and possibly the New Warriors too).  I mean, it's Cyclops vs USAgent; Captain America vs Wolverine, Colossus vs The Thing, Archangel vs, maybe Namorita,  It looks like it might be Northstar (the Canadian costumed guy behind Black Widow) vs Quicksilver and/or Invisible Woman.  

I don't think I liked this issue, as I an NOT generally a fan of hero vs hero. It's trite and overused and totally unnecessary.  There's plenty of bad guys to fight, no need to fight other heroes.

But again I don't remember this specifically, so who knows? 

POLT

No comments: