Thursday, July 28, 2022

 Since later today I have to get a tooth ripped out of my head, there will be a theme through all of today's posts.

Update: Tooth was removed in less than half an hour.  Because of the weird roots my molars typically have, he tried to pull it out regularly, but when that didn't work, he got the drill, drill it apart and pulled the pieces out separately.  It wasn't pleasant, but it didn't hurt...thank God for Novocain. 

I'm not sitting here, binging Dr. Pol and changing the bloody gauze every half hour.  

I didn't notice anything different with the valium I took before the appointment, but I wasn't pacing nervously around his office, so I guess that's something.  I just took the anti-biotic (to stop dry socket) and the painkiller (tylenol with codeine).  The Novocain has worn off, cause my jaw is a bit achy...but since he did have to wiggle and yank (kinda) the parts of the tooth to get them out, I guess that's to be expected.  Hopefully the pain killer will keep the pain at bay. 

Nothing to do now, but not rinse, spit, or drink through a straw, eat light easy foods today, rest and recover. 

POLT

No comments: