Saturday, January 27, 2024

At the conference table, there will never be any peace...

So, tomorrow is the NFL Conference Championships. 

The Kansas City Chiefs at the Baltimore Ravens
The Detroit Lions at the San Francisco 49ers. 

I have truly gone back on forth on who I think/want to win the games all week. 

I detest the Niners, and have for over 40 years, with a passion.  I would normally pick against them...but I'm not sure if the Lions have what it takes to beat them.   Also, in this pool at work, I have the Niners (the teams were chosen at random) and if they go to the Super Bowl, I get $150, and if they win, I get an additional $200.  It cost me $25 to get in the pool....so do I want to win $350 but have to deal with the Niners fans afterwards, or do I just want to suck it up and be out $25 so I don't have to heat about how awesome the team is again (and again and again and again and again ad nauseum).

And the Chiefs are my second favorite team with the Ravens being third, and they're both amazing teams this year, so I'm conflicted.

However, as I'm writing this, pics are essential.  So after much deliberation, I'm taking the Chiefs (based on their quarterback Patrick Mahomes' experience in big games like this (this is his sixth Championship game, he's won 3 of them going on to the Super Bowl and has won 2 of those Super Bowls) vs Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson's experience (he's never been in a Championship or Super Bowl yet).

And I guess I'm gonna have to take the....shudder...Niners for the win.  I just don't think the Lions will be able to beat them....sadly. 

So regardless of my pics, THIS is the matchup I really WANT: 

Chiefs vs Lions

But this one would be okay too: 

Ravens vs Lions

Of the remaining two horrid options, this one I would prefer: 

Chiefs vs Niners

Which means this is the one I want the least:

Ravens vs Niners

And I'll add, both the Chiefs (with Mahomes as quarterback) and the Ravens (10 years ago, with Joe Flacco as quarterback but the Ravens' coach was John Harbaugh both then and now) have defeated the Niners in the Super Bowl. 

May history repeat itself yet again, if it necessary!

POLT



No comments: