Sunday, August 04, 2024

They'll admit I exist when I become the Vice-President.....

 So, with ten more days or so to think about it, this is my thoughts on Harris' VP contest. 

I still think Buttigieg would make an amazing Veep, and WILL be an amazing president someday.  In a perfect world, he's my pick hand's down.  But this is far from a perfect world.   I don't know that there's anyone who's all behind Harris that would not support her with him on the ticket, I think Democrats are beyond that.  But I do think there may be some people unsure of who to vote for and having a gay on the ticket may just keep them from voting for the ticket.  Not that they'd vote for tRump, but voting third party or staying home is just like giving a vote to tRump.   And we can't afford to lose any votes. 

Previously, I was totally on board with AZ senator Mark Kelly, and I still think he'd be a benefit to the ticket: you can't beat his back story.  But I haven't seen much of him, I don't know how good of a speaker he is.  And I don't know how exciting he is as a candidate.  But I don't think he's be any kind of drag on the ticket. 

I know little of MN Gov Walz, but he is a GREAT speaker, really down-home Midwest rural type of guy.  He'd be a big benefit to the ticket.

PA Gov Shapiro, I like (obviously, he's my governor), but I'm hearing a lot of baggage online.  Don't know how accurate it is, cause I didn't hear any of it two years ago during his Gubernatorial campaign.  I'm thinking the opposition is scared of him, because he seems to be the one they're throwing the a LOT of dirt at him.  He could probably seal up Pennsylvania.  But I'm worried about the far left.  How the college kids are gonna see all kinds of stuff from Russian troll farms saying how Shapiro is practically an agent of Israel and probably kills Palestinian babies in his spare time and they're probably believe it and protest on campuses and possibly the convention in the end of the month.  I don't think that's anything we need.  So I'm very luck warm to Shapiro shortly.

Ken Gov Beshear is young, photogenic and another great rural Midwest speaker.  He can't bring Kentucky that's a lost cause.  But he may be able to help with other rural voters in Ohio, and PA.  Who knows? 

What I would love to see is whenever she makes her announcement, to have ALL the other candidates there.  She make the announcement, the Veep candidate makes his speech and then all the other candidates give short speeches of support.    Just to show a united front.  

The best part is, ALL of the candidates, including Whitmer and Cooper who have dropped out, are amazing candidates.  And I look forward to see all of them all over the campaign trail in the next three months. 

But we'll see how this all plays out in the next couple days. 

POLT

No comments: