Tuesday, June 17, 2014

World seems to come and go and it don't matter....

So apparently, there's this thing going on right now called the World Cup.  Pffft, like I care.  I mean, come on, it's not like it's the Super Bowl or anything important.  I mean, it's soccer, for God's sake!

One time when Ag and I were in Toronto, the World Cup was taking place.  I don't know when it was (nor do I care enough to look it up), but I remember the final was France vs Brazil.  Every where we went we saw the French flag (cause Quebec is part of Canada, even though we were in Ontario), and some Brazilian flags. When the game was over, Ag and I were walking back to the hotel after having a meal and all these cars started driving around with French flags of all sizing adoring them.  They were honking their horns, people on the sidewalks blew horns and hugged one another and cheered and made a lot of noise.  I remember at one point, after we had passed a particularly noisy group, I turned to Ag and said, "Dude, it's just a game."  And that became our saying for the remainder of that trip.

At any rate, soccer and The World Cup mean next to nothing to me.  But you know what they'd need to do to get me interested?  Make bigger deals out of the specific players.  And make them wear shirtless uniforms.  Or even just jockstraps.

Check these out:

Carlos Bocanegra - USA

Claudio Marchisio - Italy

Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal

Diego Lugano - Uruguay

Gerard Pique - Spain

Glen Johnson - England

Kevin Prince Boateng - Ghana

Mario Gotze - Germany

Neymar de Silva Santos Junior - Brazil 
(and yes, he's TOTALLY worth two shirtless pics)

Tim Cahill - Australia

See?  Now tell me, how much higher would the interest in The World Cup be if we could see these guys like this, in close up, running up and down the field and getting all sweaty?

POLT

No comments: