Monday, June 16, 2014

Bits-N-Pieces

So, today I FINALLY ordered the Amtrak train ticket for my trip to New York City the end of the month.  About ten days before I leave and I'm just now getting around to ordering it. *SIGH*
**********************************
My buddy Corey has been 'playing with fire' for several years now.  He twirls it and breathes it and all kinds of stuff like that at local festivals and get togethers.  I forget what the official name is of the practice, but he does it.

Well he informed me recently that he's going put finishing college on hold temporarily and apparently leave the job he has an run off with the circus.  Actually, he's joining a 'freak show' troupe that follows some festival around the country.  And he'll be doing this for...well for a lil bit of time, I guess.  Dont know really how long actually.

At first, my thinking was, "What the HELL?  Giving up on college AND a job to be a fire breather? What the HELL?"  But then i thought, "Hey, why not?  Might as well do it now instead of just wishing he had when he's in his 40s". You only live once, and all that.  And then I thought, good for him!

This is the "freak show": the snake guy, not sure what that girl is, the girl with the foot long fingernails, the sword swallower and Corey, the fire breather (in a kilt, if you can see it).

I just hope he enjoys himself and doesn't get burnt.
********************************
Today everyone on Facebook was taking a Game Of Thrones Name quiz.  I've still never seen a single episode of the show (although I plan on starting to watch it soon, hopefully), but I took the quiz anyway.  And this was the response:


Well SHIT...even though I know nothing about Game Of Thrones, apparently it knows a LOT about me! How on point is that name?
*********************************
So, this past weekend was pretty decent weather wise.  Blue skies, temps in the 70s, no rain or humidity.  Just a string of lovely summer days.  This week, though, we're supposed to have highs in the high 80s/low 90s, high humidity and rain.  Damn, I HATE that kind of weather.  This is why summer is my least favorite season.

Today, it's been getting progressively warmer and warmer and more humid.  I'm thinking it's possible I just may have to turn the a/c on downstairs.  That would be the second time this season.  (I've used the one in my bedroom to sleep with rather extensively).  I dont really like using the a/c if I dont have to, I prefer having the windows open and a breeze blowing through.  But when that humidity gets too uncomfortable, I just HAVE to use it.
*********************************
All weekend I've been fighting a sinus headache. Today it's a bit better, but I haven't done much of anything this past weekend.  Which I guess is what weekend are for, after all.  But today, mom and I finally got around to doing stuff in the front garden.  Even though I didn't really feel like it, it was way overdue for it to be done.  Normally we do this in May, but now it's the middle of June and time to do it.

So we ripped all the weeds out of the front garden (and believe me, there were many many of them), trimmed the tree there, and trimmed the hedge in the back yard as well.  Then we went and bought the flowers, came back and put the mulch down and then planted the flowers.  Didn't take a long time, but longer than I felt like doing.  Still, I'm glad it done.  My thighs, however, are not.  They're sore.  But they'll get over it.
*********************************
And of course, the Bits-N-Pieces Obligatory Eye Candy!


He's not showing much skin, but still...HELLA sexy!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

No pics of the front garden after all that work?

The GOT game was fun. I'm glad we're in the same house : ).