Thursday, August 07, 2014

Excuses are all I ever get from you, and we both know it's true....

Last week, when I was playing with Derick, he asked me for a favor.


He said he needed to get some clothes and asked me if I'd take him to the Outlets in Hagerstown MD.  He said he'd give me gas money.  I said sure.  And then I pointed out you pay tax on clothes in Maryland, but you don't here in Pennsylvania, and there's Outlets in Gettysburg, so why don't we go there?  He said that'd be fine, and said he was off work Wednesday (yesterday).  I told him I'd swing by after work and pick him up.

A few days later, I thought I didn't really wanna be driving to or from Gettysburg in rush hour, after work traffic.  So I figured I could just work half a day, leave an noon and we could get it all taken care of even before rush hour.  I checked with him, and he said that would be fine.

Then, Monday night, when I'm laying in bed, it occurs to me that I don't really want to work half a day if I dont have to.  I'd like to sleep in, putz around here in the morning, get ready leisurely and then go pick him up.  So Tuesday, I checked at work, and it was all good.  So I took off the entire day on Wednesday.

I slept in, as planned.  Then had some breakfast, roamed around online bit, and read my book, all in the morning.  And then I picked up Derick, and we headed to Gettyburg.  It took about an hour.  We ate at the food court (it's small, but they had a pizza joint, which was all we needed).  And then we, or I mean, HE, shopped.  He hit about 4, maybe 5 stores.  I only went in the first one (American Eagle).  The others, I just sat outside on a bench and enjoy the beautiful weather and surprisingly abundant eye candy.  He got nearly everything he wanted and we were back on our way here.  Total time there (including eating) was about 1 and a quarter hours.  Not bad.

Once back in Waynesboro, we stopped at WalMart so he could get a few things there.  And then, at his suggestion, we came back to my place for some mid-afternoon bedtimesexxyfun.

We were cuddling post-bedtimesexyfun ,when my phone rang.  I said, with a laugh "Watch that be mom."  And it was.  She said she was at my front door!  I told her I was upstairs.  She asked if I was okay, cause she saw earlier in the day my car was still here. I told her I was.  And I had to basically tell her I wasn't coming down, I was busy.  Sorry.  She said okay, and we hung up.  And I laughed.  Derick seemed a bit panicked cause he asked if she had a key, which she did.  But luckily she didn't just come in.  We had the a/c on, and I wouldn't have heard her at all.  Until she opened the bedroom door.  Awkwardness all around if that had happened.

After cleaning up and getting ourselves back together, I took him home.  Then came back here and basically just crashed on the couch, watching Law&Order reruns and going random places on the Internet.   I did a bit later, take a short walk to mom's, wherein among the topics we discussed, I explained everything to her just like I did about.  And we both laughed about it.  And that was my evening.  Until I went to bed.

So that's why I didn't make any posts to the blog yesterday, even though I was off work.  I was preoccupied with something else.

Although that has nothing to do with why I was off work today.  That was just me being lazy and wanting a relaxing time in warm beautiful weather in the middle of the week.  You can relate, right?

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hurray for days off. Sounds like you made the most of it : ).