Monday, August 29, 2016

Smells on the air, see there, it's crushing......

About a month ago, I was running low on laundry detergent and fabric softener, so I grabbed a bottle of Wisk and the lavender scented fabric softener.  But this time, instead of the normal Wisk, I had grabbed the Deep & Clean with Oxy Wisk.  And instead of the brand name lavender softener, I got the generic store version.

When I emptied the bottles I was using, I opened the new ones and used them.  I washed several loads in them.  Then, a bit over two weeks ago, all of a sudden one Saturday morning, when I went to put on my deodorant on my right armpit, it hurt.  I looked in the mirror and there were four...marks there.  Red irritated marks, like a rash.

I didn't know what to think of it, but I put some baby powder in my armpit to suck up the sweat and went about my day.  Two days later, the rash had spread all over and through my armpit!  Probably about 24 marks all together.  It didn't hurt or itch, luckily, but it was QUITE unsightly and didn't look to be getting any better.

I mentioned something to one of the nurses at work, and she said to take Benedryl pills and use hydrocortisone ointment on it topically.  And so I have been.  For over a week now.  But I've still not been able to use deodorant....in this weather.


So this morning, after my shower, I put on the ointment as I always do.  And I've been out and about. And now, that I'm home, every time I raise my arm....I can smell it.  UGH.

It smells of b.o., yes.  And it smells of the ointment too.  But when mixed together, what it smells like is.....well honestly, Mexican food left out in the sun a bit too long.  Crazy I KNOW!

Now last night for supper I had a bunch of tacos....I'm wondering if that has something to do with it, as it's not smelled like this before...that I noticed.  Am I 'sweating' the taco smells out through my armpits?  And I'm only noticing it because I don't have deodorant on now?

Or am I even noticing this because the Benedryl makes me tired and a bit loopy-ish?  


At any rate, the rash is still here, after two weeks, but at least it seem to be going away finally.  If it isn't gone like next week, I'm just gonna have to break down and visit the dermatologist. 

POLT

No comments: